Friday, December 27, 2019

Christmas Eve

We had a simple, fun filled Christmas Eve. We stayed in our jammies until the afternoon and played during the morning. We had spaghetti and meatballs and ravioli for lunch which between the two meals is a favorite for all the kids.
After lunch we let the kids open their joint Christmas Eve present. Every year, we buy the kids a new game and let them open it on Christmas Eve and then spend time playing it together as family. This year they got the card game Sushi Go. It's a fun game- I think Elisabeth is the biggest fan at the moment.

During Katherine's nap, I quarantined the big kids upstairs with a game of Mario Party and The Beauty and the Beast Christmas special while Matt worked outside assembling a BIG surprise for Christmas morning.

I loved snuggling with my big girl during the movie.
Finally, about 3:00 that afternoon, we decided to finally get dressed and ready to go to church for the Christmas Eve service.
 The Christmas Eve service at our church is always a great time to refocus our minds and our hearts on the true meaning of Christmas and always comes at the right time when we need that reminder the most.
 The kids feel so big getting to hold their own candles.


 After church we came home and did our sibling gift exchange. Earlier in the month, the kids bought presents for all their siblings at Dollar Tree. They always get so excited to give and receive those gifts.

I loved that Samuel bought Katherine a new pacifier. I mean it's the most thoughtful gift for her :)



 The kids also buy presents for me and Matt. Nathan bought me chocolates.

 The girls both got mermaid dolls- I think Elisabeth bought Katherine hers and Samuel bought Elisabeth one too.
 After the gift exchange we ate pizza for dinner and then attempted to get the kids in bed. Nathan wanted to read Katherine the Christmas story before she went to sleep.
 After the kids were in bed, Matt and I got to work on preparing for the next morning. I stuffed the kids' stockings and tidied the house.
 Matt waited and waited for Nathan to fall asleep so he could assemble one of the girls' presents, but eventually he gave up and just let Nathan stay up and help. Nathan was SO excited about Christmas morning. He's at such a fun age and gets so excited about everything. I don't know what time he ended up falling asleep on Christmas Eve.

I think Matt finished assembling the playhouse about 10:30 and we called it a night- knowing we'd all have an early wake up call!

No comments: