Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving Week

We had a fun Thanksgiving week! Monday was full Thanksgiving school events. Samuel had his Pre-K Thanksgiving Feast. They did a little show for the parents before we ate. He had been singing the songs all week and was so excited for his special lunch!


Nathan also had a Thanksgiving play at school on Monday. I'm so thankful I was able to make it to both of their school events and that I had a good friend who was able to keep Elisabeth for me. Nathan's play was super cute. They told about the First Thanksgiving and then sang some fun songs.


Samuel wanted to wear his Pilgrim hat to Nathan's school.
I'm so grateful to get to be involved in the kids' school activities.
My grandparents came into town on Wednesday afternoon. Katherine and Grandaddy took a nap together.
While they napped, the rest of us played Fast Track. The boys are getting good at it!
Since Aunt Sydney spent Wednesday night with us, Nathan slept with Samuel. I thought it was adorable that he wanted to sleep in the same bed with Samuel instead of sleeping on the top bunk.
My little turkeys were excited to celebrate Thanksgiving.  I sure am thankful for them!

This little girl was thrilled for her first Thanksgiving. Three whole days of extra arms to hold her. She was in heaven.
We spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house. We ate and visited and played. It was a good day! This little girl was in a turkey coma (more like hot dog coma) when we got home Thursday night.
We took family pictures Friday morning and rewarded the kids with ice cream for doing so well during pictures.
Friday night we decorated the Christmas tree. The kids were SO excited and did a great job- no broken ornaments this year.



Our busy day wore these two out!
We had a low key Saturday after all our company left. We had a movie night Saturday night and watched Cars 3.

Sunday morning our church had a combined church service with our Coweta campus. The kids were excited because they got to ride a school bus to the service.

This boy is the best big brother around


And we celebrated this Peanut's two month birthday on Sunday! She's our joy!


Matt ended up going to Urgent Care after church on Sunday and came home with a Strep diagnosis, so the kids and I were on on own on Sunday afternoon. There were some crazy shenanigans in our house on Sunday.
After Elisabeth's nap we walked to the playground to enjoy the pretty weather. We stayed for almost an hour and the kids played so well together. I loved that they were all playing with each other (and no fighting!)
I enjoyed some Sunday night snuggles with the best baby around. 


It was the best way to end the weekend.







No comments: