Samuel and Elisabeth had a parent observation day at gymnastics. They were both excited to show off their "gymnastics tricks."
They did a great job.
Every year the kids look forward to decorating gingerbread houses. They've asked several times this month what night we could do them.
There was a lot of sneaking candy during the decorating, but they all did a great job. It's a favorite Christmas tradition. They're already talking about next year.
I can't get enough of the adorable Christmas dresses, and I had to get matching ones for my girls. My heart is full with these sweethearts.
Nathan sang in the children's choir at our church's Christmas celebration. He did a great job.
My little ballerina had her winter studio performance/cookie party. She was a little distracted with the audience. But she's adorable. I love how she lights up when she's performing.
Another favorite tradition is visiting the lights at Rhema. Elisabeth couldn't stop talking about walking through the Elsa cave- the lighted bridge with lights that are timed with Christmas songs. For a few years they played Let it Go as one of the songs and Elisabeth always remembers it.
She also begged to play in the "circles." I bring the kids to Rhema sometimes to feed the ducks and they always love to play in these. It's like a playground to them I think.
We've never been into Elf on the Shelf, but I read about these Kindness Elves this year and I decided to try it. They don't visit everyday, but occasionally they leave notes for the kids giving them ideas of how to spread kindness. I'm hoping to make it a new tradition. It's been special to see them focus on being kind.
Samuel has started watching this Christmas cookie competition show with me, and ever since he has been begging to bake Christmas cookies. I usually bake and decorate sugar cookies as part of teacher Christmas gifts, but I just wasn't up to it this year with a new baby. So we just made some for fun and I let the kids decorate them however they wanted. They had a lot of fun.
We REALLY like sprinkles on our cookies.
Samuel and Elisabeth had their Preschool Christmas program this week. I look forward to it every year. It's such a sweet little program.
The Pre-K class performs the Christmas story, and my sweet boy was a Wiseman. He was so excited about his program and practiced his little line a lot! I also loved hearing them singing all the cute songs for the weeks leading up to the program.
So far we've had a Joseph and a Wiseman, and I'm thinking we might have an angel or two in our future :). I'm glad we have several more years of watching this program.
We have even more fun things coming up! December is becoming one of my favorite months. All the special activities are SO fun to enjoy with my babies.















No comments:
Post a Comment