We've been having a busy and fun June! After the boys and I got home from our week in Weatherford on Friday, we quickly unpacked and got things ready for a fun weekend with some precious friends. The Evettts came on Saturday afternoon for a fun weekend visit. We have missed them so much since they moved, and even though we seem them occasionally since they live close to Weatherford, it had been a long time since we got to spend a lot of quality time with them. We were so excited for their visit. Nathan couldn't wait to play trains with Carter all weekend. The Millers joined us for the visit too.
They made it into town Saturday afternoon, and we visited, watched the boys play, and ate dinner. Nathan loved having a buddy his size to do everything with.
They hadn't been here long at all before there were train tracks set up all over our house!
We met the Evetts four years ago, back before any of us had kids, and we laughed all weekend about how different it was then. We would stay up late playing games, and now we were staying up late playing trains and putting little ones to bed. It was crazy with five kids in our house, but I'm embracing the craziness of this season of life. I know that I'll blink and our kids will be older and playing upstairs by themselves wanting to be left alone. We'll be back to playing games, but I'm sure we will talk about how much we miss the chaos of these years.
We got a test run on bathing three kids in our bathtub. They all fit!
Sunday after church and lunch, we managed to get 4 of the 5 kids down for naps, and had a little quiet time to at least play one game. The Evetts are some of our favorite people to play games with, so I was glad we could find a little time to play. I made Matt take a picture to document that we actually managed to get one game in :)
We spent a lot of time Sunday evening upstairs in the play room watching the kids play and visiting. When we bought our house a few months ago, these were the moments I was imagining. I love the space we have for the kids to play and that everyone felt comfortable and had space to make themselves at home. I also love the opportunity to host our friends and family and help them feel welcome in our home. It was a great night.
We were sad to say goodbye to our friends on Monday but are looking forward to getting together with them again. It's funny how often I think that I miss our friends so much more when they leave after a visit. I think I realize how much they add to our lives and are extra sad when that time is over.
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment