Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bible School 2014

The boys and I  spent last week in Weatherford, so the boys could attend Vacation Bible School at my grandparents' church. We came last year too, and it has been a fun tradition that we all look forward too.

The week  actually started out pretty terribly, when I got sick with food poisoning while driving on Sunday afternoon. Thankfully, I was close to Weatherford, and once I made it, it was nice to have help with the kids, while I weathered the sickness. I was feeling much better by Monday, and I was thankful to be able to enjoy the fun week without being sick.

Our church in Tulsa doesn't do a VBS, so I was excited for the boys to get to experience going. Nathan just loved it. He was so excited to go every morning. He got to play outside, eat snacks, do crafts, and play with all sorts of new toys. He was really sad on Friday when it was over. Samuel seemed to have a good time too. He was only three months old last year, so this was his first year to attend. He enjoyed the extra spoiling and playing outside.
We kept busy all week visiting with family and friends. On Monday afternoon, my cousin and her family came out for the day, so we got to meet her baby boy and watch the cousins play. Grandaddy sure enjoyed loving on all three of his great grandsons, and it was fun to visit with Lindsey and Jeff. It had been a long time since we had last seen each other.
Tuesday afternoon, we left Samuel with Granny and Grandaddy, and drove to Cordell to visit the Evetts. Nathan and Carter played together for most of the afternoon, while Mindy and I got a chance to visit. It was a fun visit.
That evening, Nathan and I had a mommy/son date to the snow cone stand.

We had lunch and playtime with more cousins at Momoo's house on Wednesday. No visit to her house is complete without chocolate cake. Her cake is probably my very favorite.
Some of my cousins and their kids joined us, and Momoo's house was full of Little Ones.
Nathan had the best time playing with his cousins. I wish they lived closer.
While the boys were at Bible school in the mornings, I got a little time to myself, which I enjoyed. I read and relaxed and visited with people at church. It was a nice break. Granny and Grandaddy are so good to take care of the boys. They kept Samuel in their room all week and got up with him at night and in the early mornings.
In the evenings, the boys also got to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa, and Aunt Sydney came to visit on Thursday. They weren't lacking any attention during the week.
Those sweet brothers love each other so much. I loved picking Samuel up at the end of the day. I'd tell him it was time to go get Nathan, and he would run up to him the minute he saw him and give him a big hug. It's special to get to watch their relationship.


It was raining on Friday morning when I dropped the boys off, and Nathan told me that if it kept raining, we'd have to stay in Weatherford. I don't think he was ready to leave :). He would have stayed another week if he could have.
I sure treasure the relationship I have with my grandparents and the way they love my kids. Spending the week with them was certainly a special time. Granny has already informed us that we'll be coming back next year. It's crazy that we'll be adding a baby girl to the craziness for VBS in 2015!

No comments: