I've been feeling really good the last couple of months. The fatigue of the first trimester mostly went away. Sometimes I still get a little worn out in the afternoons and take the chance to lie down for a bit during the boys' naptime, but nothing near like the first weeks of pregnancy. There's also usually a culprit behind the fatigue, usually in the form of a baby boy who likes to cuddle in Mommy and Daddy's bed at 4:00am. Sometimes I've had a hard time falling back asleep in the middle of the night if I wake up to go to the bathroom or to the sleepy cries over the baby monitor. I'm not sure if that's pregnancy related or not, but it's frustrating to not be able to sleep when I have the chance.
I still had some lingering nausea during the first weeks of the second trimester, which was really weird for me, since that didn't happen in my other two pregnancies. It was nothing major, just enough to be annoying. It went away around 22 weeks I think.
Feeling baby kicks is one of my very favorite things about the second trimester. I started feeling flutters around 17 weeks and full blown kicks and wiggles by about 22 weeks. I don't notice much movement from her during the day. I don't know if that's because I'm busy and don't have the time to focus on her, or if she's sleeps more during the day when I'm on my feet. I look forward every night to crawling in bed to relax and wait for her to start doing acrobatics. She usually never lets me down. Matt and I had a date night in a couple of weeks ago, and watched a movie in bed, and she put on a show for us for the entire two hours. It was so fun and Matt enjoyed feeling her move around so much. Nathan has felt her once or twice but doesn't really seem to get it. After I told him that he kicked her, he started asking who he could kick. Feeling my babies move is the thing I miss most about pregnancy after it's over, so I'm soaking it all in now.
Finding out we were having a healthy baby girl was probably my favorite moment of the second trimester. Since that day, it's been fun looking at bows and dresses and all things girly. I think after having two boys, I'm having even more fun! I did start to panic that she might not really be a girl after our anatomy scan. Matt still thinks I'm crazy, and I probably am (or I read too much on the Internet about girls turning into boys on delivery day). But after my doctor confirmed that the ultrasound revealed a healthy baby and that she isn't planning to need any more ultrasounds, I decided it was worth the money for my peace of mind to go to an elective ultrasound studio and get some more confirmation :). My mom went with us, and I now feel 100% confident that we'll be meeting a daughter in three months. It was fun to get a few new pictures of her too, and since my mom hadn't been to an ultrasound with us, she was really impressed with everything we got to see.
I've also had fun planning her nursery. I've had a color scheme in my head since my pregnancy with Samuel (before we knew he was a boy), and shortly after we found out we were expecting a girl, I ordered bedding that I had fallen in love with. After Matt painted her room and we got Nathan new furniture, we were able to move Samuel into Nathan's crib, and get Elisabeth all set up with Samuel's furniture. The nursery is really coming together already. I think since we had a crib ready to go instead of waiting to buy one like we had to with the boys, I'm getting a head start, and I'm loving the way it's coming together. I have a few more projects and odds and ends to get together in the next couple of months, and I'm really excited to have a totally girly room in our house and to start making room for baby dolls and doll houses in the play room!
With her impending arrival, we decided we should probably find a vehicle that we could all five actually fit in. Our Escape wasn't big enough for three car seats, so we sold it, and purchased a Toyota Sienna a few weeks ago. I'm loving the conveniences of the van and all the room we have for car seats and diaper bags and strollers. Maybe I will actually venture out of the house with three kiddos sometimes :).
We've known about this pregnancy for over five months now, and it's amazing how much my perspective has changed in those several months. I laugh sometimes about how freaked out and worried I was when we first were surprised by a positive pregnancy test. All the fears I had seem silly now, and it feels like this is exactly how our family is supposed to be. God's plans are obviously better than anything we could have planned, and all four of us are so excited to welcome another member into our family. I had been praying for a daughter for years, and God graciously answered those prayers. She is a perfect gift from God coming in His perfect timing, and we can't wait to meet her and be a family of five!
She is definitely growing! Less than three months until we are holding her in our arms!
15 Weeks
20 Weeks
22 Weeks
24 Weeks
25 Weeks
28 Weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment