I had a really great weekend celebrating with my three boys! My parents kept the kids on Friday night, so Matt and I got a date. We've had a crazy couple of weeks with sickness, back problems, birthday partying, house projects, etc., so we were both looking forward to a relaxing night, and that's just what we did. We ate popcorn for dinner while we watched a movie, went for a long walk around our neighborhood, ate a snow cone and fell asleep to Netflix. It was just what we needed.
Saturday morning we went to the Rooster Days parade in downtown Broken Arrow. It was the boys' first parade experience. They had a blast. We stopped at a chocolate store before the parade started for some treats.
The parade was really fun. Nathan said he liked watching the marching bands and getting candy. He took the candy getting very seriously :).
Saturday evening we had some friends over for dinner. We had such a good time visiting, eating, and the boys loved playing with their sweet daughter Emmarie. It was a really fun night.
We headed to church on Mother's Day. I'm so thankful for these two wonderful boys who brought such joy on Mother's Day. They and their daddy spoiled me with flowers and a new movie.
Some of our dear friends had their children dedicated at church. It was such a special time. We had prayed and prayed for those three babies for years, and it was so wonderful to see God's faithfulness in those two families and how he has blessed them with such precious children. I know Mother's Day has been a difficult holiday in the past for them, and I was just thrilled to celebrate with them on Sunday.
After church we ran a few errands and then headed to my parents' to celebrate Mother's Day with them. We had lunch, and Barry was kind enough to watch the boys so I could get a nap. That's usually my only request on Mother's Day. While I napped and relaxed with my mom, Matt worked all afternoon on another great Mother's Day gift, a freshly painted nursery.
He's the best to give up his Sunday afternoon to paint a purple room for his overly excited wife. It turned out so cute, and I'm ready to start decorating as soon as we get the furniture moved in :).
Not only did Barry watch the kids for my mom and me so we could have the afternoon off, but he also prepared the best Mother's Day feast for supper. The Miller's joined us, and we all salivated over the most delicious supper and chocolate dessert. It was a really great day. I'm so thankful for the gift of being a mother and to celebrate with the best Mom and Grammy around. Blessed indeed.
Monday, May 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment