Wednesday, May 14, 2014

14 Months Old

Samuel,

You are 14 months old and as fun as ever!

 You and Nathan are starting to play together more and more. You love to wrestle with him, and run up to him and knock him down to initiate a wrestling match. You both also love to play chase with each other, and you squeal with delight when he pushes you on the dump truck. There's definitely plenty of fighting over sharing toys when you want to be on your own, but the moments when both of you are laughing and playing together are the best! You are pretty jealous of him when he has my attention. If he tries to sit in my lap while I'm holding you, you shake your head, grunt, and push him down.  You want me all to yourself a lot of the time.



You are still taking two naps per day. Occasionally, you can get away with skipping your morning nap, but after you fell asleep eating lunch one day, I realized that you still need two naps :). You go down for your morning nap around 10:00, and depending how long you sleep during that nap, I put you down between 1:00 and 2:00 for your afternoon nap. 
We start bedtime around 7:30, and you are usually always asleep by 8:00. I'm still giving you a bottle at bedtime. I'm not sure how much longer I'll continue that. You usually sleep most of the night, but end up in our bed between 4:00 and 5:00. When you wake up crying, I just run up and get you and bring you down to our bed, and you go back to sleep until 6:30 or 7:00. It's probably a bad habit, but I'm savoring your snuggles for now. I know I'll miss your middle of the night cuddles someday.

You are walking (and climbing) everywhere. I never see you crawl anymore, and you're a pro at keeping your balance when you're standing up. Sometimes you just like to run laps around the house giggling the whole time. You have started shaking your head "no" when you don't want to do something, like when I tell you it's nap time or time to go inside, or if Nathan tries to take your toy. I actually think it's totally adorable when you do it :).
Your comprehension still astounds me daily. I can't get over everything you understand. You obey simple commands like, "throw that in the trash," "go find daddy," "put your paci in your bed." It's so fun to be able to communicate with you better.
You are still obsessed with shoes. Anytime you see any shoes, you start saying shoe and trying to put them on, no matter whose they are. I've caught you trying to wear Nathan's fire boots, Daddy's tennis shoes, even Elisabeth's new baby shoes.


 You are saying new words all the time. Your favorite new words right now are shoe- "shh," grape- "ggaa," and Bob the Builder- "bob, ba" Anytime we pull into the parking lot of Walmart you start saying Bob the Builder over and over. You also starting saying Joe for Papa Joe this month. 
 You are a good eater and easy to please. You love to snack, and I catch you all the time wandering into the pantry looking for a snack. You'll bring me a package of fruit snacks or a bag of goldfish and "ask"me to open them for you. You are wearing 18month clothes and a size 4 shoe and size 4 diaper.

You got two top molars this month (4/24 and 5/12)

We are working on learning body parts. Your belly button is definitely your favorite (and cutest!)


You love to give high fives and play patty cake. You'll start doing the motions all on your own when you want to play. Your favorite toys are still your kitchen food and you also really love Nathan's firetrucks.
 
Life is always fun with you in our lives!!


No comments: