Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Day in the Life-Wednesday

Nathan woke up around 6:30 on Wednesday. I fed him a bottle and his breakfast. I showered and got ready for the day while he played in the bathroom. He was fascinated with a cotton ball. He tore it apart and played with it for probably 3-4 minutes. Whatever keeps him entertained works for me. I did keep a close eye on him so he didn't put it in his mouth. I spent the rest of the morning packing his bag, making my breakfast, and straightening up the house. We had a few minutes to spare before we had to leave, so we played in his room for a little bit.


He's a busy guy! I dropped him off at 9:30 and then drove across town to meet with a client. I finished my session with her at 11:15 and then drove to the other side of town to meet a client at my former supervisor's private practice office. I normally meet with this family on Friday afternoons, but I got a phone call earlier that morning that they had a crisis situation and needed to meet on Wednesday. Thankfully the timing worked out that I could meet with them while Nathan was taken care of. I finished my session around 1:00 and ran a couple of errands before I needed to pick Nathan up at 2:00.

Wednesday was a little out of the ordinary in that Matt called me while I was working to tell me he was home sick, so he was home when Nathan and I made it home. I grabbed a quick lunch and Nathan played for awhile and I fed him a bottle and finally got him to take a nap about 4:00. Since Matt was home and able to watch Nathan while he slept, I took advantage of the alone time and the pretty weather to take Rhapsody on a walk/jog. It's always easier not having to push a stroller and having to wrangle an excited dog at the same time.

When I got home, Nathan was still asleep. I had a few minutes of time so I cleaned and swept and mopped the kitchen.  I also started on dinner since Nathan was still sleeping. Matt wasn't feeling well, so I just made bacon sandwiches for dinner. Nathan finally woke up about 5:45 while we were eating dinner. I finished eating and then fed him his dinner. After dinner, Nathan and I played in his room for awhile. Normally he gets pretty fussy after dinner because he is getting sleepy, but since he took a late nap, he was in a great mood! I gave him a bath around 7:00. Baths are normally Daddy's job, but since he was sick, I took over.

I let him play in the bathtub for a long time, until he was ready to get out. I put his jammies on and he played for a little bit longer. My parents stopped by for a few minutes to drop something off and get their Nathan fix. My mom can't make it more than a couple of days without seeing him :). They left about 8:00 and I fed Nathan and put him down. After he was asleep, Matt and I watched the movie, Moneyball before we went to sleep.

No comments: