Friday is usually our least busy day of the week. I try and get all our weekly chores, errands, and appointments finished earlier in the week to leave most of Friday for some down time or time to get other things accomplished besides just the basic everyday things that need done.
Nathan woke up about 6:30. I fed him his bottle and breakfast and got ready for the day. It was a dreary and rainy day, so Nathan stayed in his jammies for most of the day. We played for awhile. Nathan got into some papers in the office and had fun tearing them up. He was acting tired and went down for an early morning nap just before 9:00. He slept for about an hour and a half. While he napped, I ate breakfast, checked email, folded laundry, and made out our meal plan/grocery list for next week.
When Nathan woke up he wanted to help me fold the laundry.
He's such a big help :).
He played some more and I also tried to get our office
desk cleaned out and organized. I made a little progress before Nathan
was ready for his lunchtime bottle. I fed him his bottle and went ahead
and fed him lunch too. Matt came home for lunch while Nathan was eating.
While Nathan snacked on his crackers and puffs after lunch, I unloaded
the dishwasher and chatted with Matt for a few minutes. He headed back
to work and Nathan played in the living room while I ate lunch.
I
tried to put him down for an early afternoon nap about 1:00, since we
were going to be gone most of the afternoon, but he wasn't having it, so
we read some books and he played in his room while I finished getting
ready to go to work. I took Nathan to Andrea's house about 2:00. She is
kind enough to watch him for me on Friday afternoons while I meet with a
client. Nathan loves his playtime with Chloe, even though Andrea told
me he slept almost the whole time I was gone today. After I dropped him
off, I drove across town to meet with my client at my former
supervisor's office. I met with them from 3-4:30 and picked Nathan up
about 5:00. We came home and I fed Nathan his dinner and then cooked
dinner for me and Matt.
Nathan was pretty whiny and clingy, so Matt had to give him a lot of attention while I prepared dinner and cleaned up the kitchen. While dinner was in the oven, I could tell Nathan was exhausted, so I went ahead and put him down for an evening nap. He slept about 45 minutes from 6:45-7:30, but it was good timing because he slept while Matt and I ate. We also watched episodes of Parks and Recreation and The Office. When Nathan woke up, I got him ready for bed, fed him his bottle and rocked him for awhile. He was fussier than normal, so I held and rocked him a little longer than usual. I think he just needed some extra snuggle time. I put him in his bed about 8:15.
We took it easy the rest of the night. Matt is always really worn out on Friday nights, so we rarely make any big plans. Sometimes we'll invite friends over, but we usually save our date nights and entertaining for Saturday evenings when Matt has had some time to rest and recover. We just relaxed, visited, and took a warm bath before bed. I tried to pick a week to recap that was pretty ordinary and kept with our usual schedule. No week or day is ever exactly the same, but we do have a pretty consistent routine. This week turned out to have some unusual events though especially with Matt being sick which altered our evenings some, but it will still be a good way to remember what life was like with an almost 9 month old little boy.
Friday, February 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment