Back in September, I did a series of posts recapping the events of our daily life as a way to document the season of life we are currently in. I decided since this time of year doesn't usually entail many blog worthy activities, that it would be a good time to do another series of those posts. Life seems to change constantly around here. Whenever we get used to one routine, it's time to adapt to another.
Monday was actually a pretty busy day for us. Nathan and I got up around 7:00. I fed him a bottle and he played in the bathroom while I quickly got ready for the day and finalized my grocery list. Then I fed him breakfast (wheat cereal and fruit) and got him dressed. We were out the door on our way to run errands by about 8:15. We stopped at Target to pick up a few things. I usually do my main grocery shopping at Wal Mart, but Target has good sales on a lot of things, and we needed some wipes, baby food and a few other things, including a new toy for Nathan. After Target we went to Wal Mart after a drive thru stop at Sonic. I hadn't slept well the night before and knew I was going to need some caffeine! We bought groceries at Wal Mart, and then came home shortly before 10:00. Nathan fell asleep in the car, so I brought him in and let him sleep in his car seat while I unloaded the groceries. He woke up as I was finishing, and we played for a few minutes until it was time to head to Storytime at the library which is at 11:00.
We met Andrea and Chloe at the library and enjoyed Storytime. Nathan really likes watching the other babies and listening to the songs. It's a fun time for us. He doesn't like to sit still though. He's an active little one and during one of the stories, he took off crawling across the room and ended up in another mom's lap. He sure keeps me on my toes. After storytime, the library lets the kids stay and play with toys that they bring out. Nathan is partial to the bells and shakers. He really just likes to eat them, so I felt like I was constantly pulling them out of his mouth. We made it home shortly before 12:00. I fed him a bottle and his lunch and then put him down for an early nap about 1:00 since he didn't get a good morning nap.
Once he was down, I actually took the opportunity to rest too. I rarely do that, but for some reason I could not fall asleep Sunday night and only got a couple of hours of good rest. I knew I would hit a wall of exhaustion if I didn't lay down when I had the chance. I dozed for about an hour and then had to wake Nathan up at 2:30 so we could go to Judy's house. I meet with Judy every other Monday afternoon. She is a wonderful mentor for me. We just started reading through the book Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson. She has raised three sons, and her advice and encouragement is so helpful to me right now. I really admire her and the way she has raised her family. Nathan is at an age though, where our conversations are not as relaxing and peaceful as they used to be. He will sit and be entertained with a toy for about 13.5 seconds before he is bored and ready to explore something else. Judy kept bringing new toys for him to play with, but nothing would hold his attention for long. I chased after him a lot, but we still managed to have a good time visiting.
We made it back home about the same time Matt was getting off work, and after I fed Nathan a bottle, we took advantage of the nice weather and went for a walk together. When we got back, I fed Nathan dinner and then cooked dinner for me and Matt. We ate tacos for dinner. Matt cleaned up the kitchen while Nathan and I played. Then Matt bathed Nathan and got him ready for bed. I fed him his bedtime bottle about 7:30 and he was asleep by 8:00. Matt and I were both exhausted so we just played on the computer and watched a TV show together before bed. We called it an early night.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment