Saturday morning, the three of us headed over to Mom and Barry's for breakfast. Matt and I talked on the way over there that we didn't know what we would do all day because there was no college football. We were lost the whole day :). Barry cooked everyone breakfast and my grandparents spent a little more time spoiling Nathan before they headed out. We made it back home around 11:00 and took it easy the rest of the day. We didn't accomplish a whole lot, and it was nice to relax. We took Rhapsody on a walk that afternoon. Little Nathan was worn out and fell asleep in the middle of the walk.
That afternoon I also made Nathan some baby food and made a cheese ball for that evening. Saturday night Matt and I went to our Sunday school class Christmas party. Our annual Christmas party is one of my favorite fellowships we have. My parents were kind enough to come over and watch Nathan while we were gone. As fun as our class socials are with all the babies, it was really nice to have a night off from the chaos and responsibility of taking care of Nathan and just get a chance to visit and enjoy the company of the other couples in our class.
We had dinner and visited with everyone and then had an ornament exchange. The ornament exchange has become a tradition, and it's a fun one! We play dirty Santa with the ornaments and always have a good time. Personalities come out big time during the exchange! There were 17 of us this year at the party, and Matt and I had a great time. We got to know some of the newer couples a little better and came home with new ornaments for our tree.
Sunday morning we went to church and then came home and quickly ate lunch.
I thought Nathan looked super adorable dressed for church on Sunday.
Sunday night my parents went with us to our church's Christmas play. This year the play was a comedy and it was hilarious. I laughed the whole time. It was well-written and the actors did a great job. It was genuinely really funny. We grabbed a quick dinner with my parents on the way home.
And look what this stinker started doing this weekend:
He is on his knees in this picture but after about a day and half of pulling up on his knees, he had learned to stand all the way up in his crib. Daddy lowered it Monday night so he doesn't fall out. I tell you that kid is going to be walking before I know it. What am I going to do with him?
No comments:
Post a Comment