Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas, Part 2

We came back home on Saturday night so we could celebrate Christmas morning at our home. Since we've been married, Matt and I have never spent Christmas morning at our home. This year since we have a little one, it was important to us to start that tradition. Growing up, both us always spent Christmas mornings at our homes with our immediate family, and we want Nathan to have those memories of Christmas morning opening his presents under our tree at our home.
Nathan woke up about his usual time on Christmas morning (6:00am). I brought him back to our room to nurse him and finally about 6:30, none of us could contain our excitement any longer, so we all got up to open our gifts.
We let Nathan go first. He got a frog bath toy holder, bath toys, a baby Bible and a ball toy that rolls and lights up
Then it was Mommy's turn. I got a jewelery box and inside the jewelery box was a Pandora charm bracelet with two charms.Matt did good this year.

I got Matt a new computer game, and I made him a coupon book. He has been hinting all year that he wanted a coupon book like he gets me every year. I also got him a new board game, but I let him open it early, so we could play it while we were in Weatherford.
After presents, it was time for stockings. Matt and I have never done stockings before this year, and I don't think Matt got presents in his stocking growing up either, so he was a little unsure what was supposed to go in them. I think he understands more now. It was another fun new tradition we started.

Nathan got a lot of loot in his stocking this year- yogurt melts, a book, a Praise Baby DVD, a bath toy, and a small toy cell phone.
Daddy got candy, a photography book, some replacement pieces for his Settlers game, and a framed picture of me and Nathan. He got Cars 2 as well, but he opened it before we went to Weatherford.
Matt put my coupon book in my stocking. I was a little worried I wasn't going to get one this year :). I also got a book on raising boys that he let me open early.

After presents, it was time for breakfast. I wanted to start a tradition of cooking a Christmas breakfast after presents are opened. I searched for some good, but easy recipes that are different than our normal breakfasts. I wanted Christmas breakfast to be special but not require me to be in the kitchen all morning instead of spending time with my family watching my boys play with their new toys.
 
 This year we had bacon, egg, and cheese, crescent roll ups and monkey bread muffins. Nathan had fruit and yogurt for breakfast. Next year he will get to fully enjoy Christmas breakfast.
 
Matt even took a break from installing his new game to sit down and have breakfast as a family. I know that years from now on Christmas morning, I will think back to our first Christmas morning at our home and the sweet memories we made as a family of three.

No comments: