Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a fun weekend. It actually felt somewhat like a real weekend. Lately all my days are running together. Since Matt has gone back to work, weekends do feel different than the other days of the week. No more sleeping in on Saturdays though, but my little alarm clock is worth it :).

On Friday night after dinner, Jason, Andrea, and Chloe came over, and we held babies and played a game of Settlers. Nathan and Chloe both slept through most of the game. We are all a little more distracted during the game now, but we still have a great time playing.

Saturday afternoon we headed to a neighborhood block party/cook out. Since Matt is on our HOA board, he helped set up and clean up. Nathan and I just went for the fun. We enjoyed meeting and visiting with our neighbors. Nathan always attracts a lot of attention these days. He's like a magnet.

I decided it was time for Nathan to show his true colors. Is he not the cutest little Pokes fan you've ever seen? As I was dressing him I told him how fun it would be to go to OSU when he grows up and that Mommy and Daddy would come visit him and go to football games.
Matt wanted to show off his early Father's Day present. I ordered it from thinkgeek.com. He wore it to work on Friday and again on Saturday to the cookout.

Saturday night, we took Nathan over to Grammy and Papa Joe's to play and went on a date. We saw Kung Fu Panda 2, and it was actually really good. We both laughed a lot. There was one scene where the panda village is being attacked and baby Po is crying because he is scared. Matt and I both mentioned how sad we were during that scene. Matt said that we are just more sentimental now that we are parents.
After the movie, we ate dinner at a Chinese buffet. I told Matt a few weeks before Nathan was born that we should eat Chinese sometime. It had been years since we had been to a buffet. Well, we never got around to it until this past weekend. We stuffed ourselves good, and I laughed a little how our dinner and movie both had an Asian theme. After dinner we picked up our little Nathan and headed home for the night. Date nights seem so much more special now that its not just the two of us anymore. I definitely don't take time alone with Matt for granted.

We had a pretty normal routine on Sunday including church, lunch, and a nap. Matt is so good to watch Nathan on Sunday afternoons so I can get a good nap. That evening we started the Couch to 5k program again. Matt is doing it with me this time. I followed the program pretty strictly the Spring before I got pregnant and it worked great. We started back at the beginning since technically I haven't been cleared for exercise until my 6 week appointment next week, and because I did just carry a baby for 9 months, and my body isn't the same as it was. I'm hoping to stick to it, and be back to running 3 miles in 9 weeks and get rid of some of this extra baby weight. Nathan seemed to enjoy our jog. We don't have a jogging stroller yet, but for the short distances, Matt said his regular stroller works fine. Nathan likes to go fast. He would start fussing every time we stopped jogging.

Weekends may not be as relaxing as they used to be, but they are definitely still a lot of fun!

No comments: