Thursday, June 23, 2011

Weekend in Weatherford

Matt had to make a quick trip back to Florida this past weekend for work (the last one ever for this project!), so my parents, Nathan and I decided to make a weekend trip to Weatherford. It's always easier when Matt is gone if I have things to keep me busy, and Nathan hadn't seen his great grandparents since the weekend he was born. We had a great weekend and Nathan was spoiled by three of his great grandparents.

He did great in the car for the almost 3 hour trip. We stopped twice on the way to Weatherford for diaper changes, and I fed him a bottle in the car, so we didn't have to stop for me to nurse him. We made it to Momoo's house on Friday night, and Nathan was worn out from his long car trip.
He got some good cuddles in with Momoo that night. We spent Saturday morning playing, cuddling, and visiting and then went out to lunch.

I wanted to get a picture of the four generations in our family. Nathan doesn't mind being the only boy in the picture.

Saturday afternoon we said goodbye to Momoo and headed to surprise Granny and Grandaddy. They knew my parents were coming for the weekend, but we kept it a secret that Nathan and I were joining them. When we got to their house. I sat Nathan at the front door, rang the doorbell, and hid. Granny answered it and wasted no time picking sweet Nathan up. They were so excited to see him, and oh my, Grandaddy went crazy over that baby. He held and played with him the whole time we were there. We left him with them for a few minutes while we ran to get a snow cone, and when we got back, Grandaddy teased that we weren't gone long enough. Poor Granny just got a few snuggles at bed time. They both mentioned over and over how they wouldn't mind getting up with him in the middle of the night and holding him. I don't think Granny slept at all because she almost beat me to him when he stirred in the middle of the night. After I fed him, I handed him off and I don't know how long she held him before she brought him back to bed.

Sunday morning, Nathan and I ran up to church before we left town so Granny could introduce Nathan to some of her friends. She took him out of his car seat as soon as we got there and ran around the church showing him off to everyone. Nathan slept through almost all of it and was totally unaware of all the attention he was getting. I've always believed that I have the best grandparents, and this weekend confirmed it. They are so smitten with their great grandson. It reminded me of all the fun memories from when I was little and stayed with them. My mom told me that Grandaddy was the same way with Jeremy and me when we were babies. She said Granny almost never got a turn holding us.

We made it home Sunday afternoon, and my mom watched Nathan so I could get a much needed nap. We were all worn out.
Nathan was sweet and sleepy after his bath on Sunday night. We missed Daddy especially on Father's Day, but it was a lot of fun spending time with Momoo, Granny, Grandaddy, Grammy and Papa Joe. Grandaddy called me Sunday night and told me what a great weekend he had and how special Father's Day was for him.

No comments: