During the cake cutting we also announced Lovebug's name to our family. I'd like to introduce you to:
Nathan Wilson Baugher
Once we found out we were expecting a boy, we got to work on baby boy names. We had our girl name finalized but were pretty up in the air with a boy name. Matt asked me one night if I liked the name Nathan. I was a tad skeptical at first, but the name grew on me, and after I looked up the meaning, I was sold. The whole way trip home to Weatherford, I read our baby name book, and every name we thought we liked just didn't compare to Nathan, so we decided it was final. I've mentioned before about how this pregnancy came at a difficult time in our family and I believe the timing of my pregnancy was God's way of showing his faithfulness and promises to our family and carrying us through a dark time. Ever since I got pregnant, I have been drawn to names that signify God's promises, so when I discovered that the meaning of the name Nathan is God's gift, I knew it was the perfect name for our first son. He is such a gift to our family. Matthew's name has a very similar meaning, and I've said from day one that if we have a boy I want him to grow up and be just like his daddy. Wilson is Matt's middle name and was his grandfather's name and has tradition in his family, so it was fitting that Nathan share Matt's middle name. Now that we have a gender and a name, he feels so much more real, and we can't wait for him to get here. We're gearing up for lots of baby blue jeans and sweater vests, and blocks, Legos, trains, and cars. Bring on the blue!
1 comment:
Yay Nathan! We can't wait to meet you!
Post a Comment