At the end of 2009, Matt and I came up with some goals we wanted to accompish in 2010. Here's our list and how we did in meeting our goals.
1. Go to Disney World- We went in May and had a fabulous time. We can't wait to go again and let Nathan (and our future kids) experience the magic.
2. Double our money in savings- We took advantage of our Double Income No Kids status and Matt's overtime pay and were able to accomplish this one.
3. Pay an extra 25% toward our mortgage each month- Again, thanks to Matt's hard work in Florida we easily exceeded this goal. Seeing that balance come down each month makes me a little giddy
4. Get Pregnant- CHECK and much easier than I was anticipating. Praise the Lord for His goodness and blessings
5. Exercise 3x per week –I ended up doing the Couch to 5K program and finished it before we headed to Disney World. I've slowed down some since I've gotten pregnant, but I consistently ran at least 3 days a week for much of 2010
6. Pray together once per day- I think we could still improve in this area, but we've gotten more consistent especially with the hard times we've experienced this year and the blessing of a baby on the way. We've learned to rely on and trust God in new ways as a couple
7. Go camping with Rhapsody - Umm, we tried and then Matt was gone to Florida the rest of the year
8. Go on a long weeked vacation- When we came up with this goal, I was envisioning some place simple and close to Tulsa like Fayettville or Kansas City, but I think Pensacola, Fl counts. What a great weekend that was.
9. Paint master bathroom and office - Check on the Master bathroom. We never got around to the office, but Matt did paint a nursery, so that counts for something, right?
We also came up with a list of goals for 2011
1. Go to Disney World- We went in May and had a fabulous time. We can't wait to go again and let Nathan (and our future kids) experience the magic.
2. Double our money in savings- We took advantage of our Double Income No Kids status and Matt's overtime pay and were able to accomplish this one.
3. Pay an extra 25% toward our mortgage each month- Again, thanks to Matt's hard work in Florida we easily exceeded this goal. Seeing that balance come down each month makes me a little giddy
4. Get Pregnant- CHECK and much easier than I was anticipating. Praise the Lord for His goodness and blessings
5. Exercise 3x per week –I ended up doing the Couch to 5K program and finished it before we headed to Disney World. I've slowed down some since I've gotten pregnant, but I consistently ran at least 3 days a week for much of 2010
6. Pray together once per day- I think we could still improve in this area, but we've gotten more consistent especially with the hard times we've experienced this year and the blessing of a baby on the way. We've learned to rely on and trust God in new ways as a couple
7. Go camping with Rhapsody - Umm, we tried and then Matt was gone to Florida the rest of the year
8. Go on a long weeked vacation- When we came up with this goal, I was envisioning some place simple and close to Tulsa like Fayettville or Kansas City, but I think Pensacola, Fl counts. What a great weekend that was.
9. Paint master bathroom and office - Check on the Master bathroom. We never got around to the office, but Matt did paint a nursery, so that counts for something, right?
We also came up with a list of goals for 2011
1. Have a baby!
2. Finish my LMFT licensure
3. Matt finish his project in Florida and get a raise at work
4. Increase our savings by 15%
6. Finish the nursery
7. Travel with Nathan for a weekend vacation (No Disney World for us this year)
8. Leave Nathan overnight (He’ll be almost 8 months old by the end of 2011, and I want to keep our marriage a priority after we have kids. I don’t think Matt thinks I can do it, but I’m determined. Good thing my parents are moving just a few miles away from us)
9. Improve my prayer life (more focus and consistency)
10. Start running again after Nathan is born and be able to run at least 3 miles again before the end of 2011.
11. Start couponing
12. Continue date nights on a somewhat consistent basis
11. Start couponing
12. Continue date nights on a somewhat consistent basis
1 comment:
Let me know if you ever want help learning to coupon. It's fun and a great way to be a good steward of family resources. (We pay almost nothing for most of our toiletries and I actually got paid to purchase toothpaste this year.) The deals I get also allow us to donate more to the local shelter, which is always badly in need of food and basic supplies. ~Anna
Post a Comment