We recently finished decorating our bedroom, and I wanted to share some pictures. Our master bedroom is probably my favorite room in our home. It's our haven. Our bed is super comfy thanks to an awesome mattress pad and duvet that I got for Christmas a couple of years ago. It makes it really hard to get up in the mornings. We spend a lot of time in our bedroom, watching tv and movies, reading, getting ready, relaxing and of course sleeping so I've always wanted it to be a warm and inviting place. When we got married we used hand me down furniture that belonged to my parents for the first 3 years of our marriage. We were thankful that they graciously gave it to us saving us a big expense early in our marriage, but I was very ready to get new furniture for our bedroom. You know furniture that actually has all matching pieces. Thankfully, we were able to buy new furniture last summer and a new tv too (You'll have to ask Matt about that one. I guess he wanted one to match the furniture. I didn't really understand). Since then, we've been enjoying our new furniture, but our walls have remained pretty bare.


(My favorite part of our room is the wall decal that we hung above our bed)


Since we knew when we moved into our house that we were planning to replace our bedroom furniture soon, we held off decorating it much, and even after we replaced the furniture, Matt and I have faced some struggles in decorating it. We usually encounter some bumps in the road when we think about redecorating a room. My husband is not the passive male who just lets me do all the decorating. While I'm glad that he has opinions and cares what our home looks like, we run into trouble because although he likes being involved in the decorating (and has a good eye), he dreads shopping. So that means we can spend approximately 20 minutes at Hobby Lobby or Kirklands before he runs out of patience and we have to leave making it difficult to ever find anything we both agree on.
I was running out of patience when we reached the one year anniversary of replacing our furniture and our walls were still bare aside from a couple of framed pictures and a decal above our bed. I had some free time when Matt had to work late one week, so I spent an evening scouring Hobby Lobby looking for a few things that I thought Matt would agree on that we could hang on the walls. One good thing about Matt's decorating style is that he is much less picky when the price is low, so everything I got was 50% off. I used that in my argument when I showed him the things I had bought. Thankfully, he agreed to my purchases and last week we put the finishing touches on our bedroom decor. I just love the way it turned out. We utilized several souvenirs and photos from our vacations over the years in the decorating, so not only does it look good, but it also brings back memories of special times in our relationship.

(I found the sconces and frame on my shopping trip, and we decided to frame one of our favorite pictures from Disney)

(Matt used to collect these sand castles from trips to Montauk as a kid. Since replacing our furniture, there wasn't a place for them in our room. We decided to hang these shelves above the dresser so he could display them)

(We bought these prints from a street vendor at Central Park in NYC)

(This little stinker frequents our bedroom a lot. She likes to nap under the bed, and hides her toys under there too.)
No comments:
Post a Comment