If you've spent any time at all with our dog, Rhapsody, you know that she just has a way of creating laughter in our house. I know that I laugh at something she's done every single day. Well, lately she has done a couple of extra cute things that I thought would be fun to remember.
A couple of weeks ago, when we had gotten home from church, Matt was greeting Rhapsody. We were in the hallway and she had several tennis balls at the end of the hall. Matt told her to "get her ball" so they could play. We assumed she would run and get one of the three balls that were in plain sight just a few feet away from her. Instead she went to our bedroom door and looked up at Matt pleading him to open the door. He opened it for her and she raced inside and straight under the bed. A few seconds later, she came army crawling out with a tennis ball in her mouth and ran straight back to Matt ready to play. I'm afraid how many balls I would find if I looked under our bed. Clearly she views it as her toy box.
A few days ago, I was playing fetch with Rhapsody in the backyard. We had been playing for awhile and I was impressed at how long she was lasting. Usually when it's hot outside, she'll run get the ball and then lay down in the nearest shade she can find and look at me wanting me to come to her to get the ball. Anyway, one time after I had thrown her ball for her, she fetched it, and ran straight past me and dropped her ball on the front porch step. I assumed this was her way of telling me she was done playing and she was going to head inside into the air conditioning. I looked over, and I found her lapping up some standing water that was on top of her crate that we keep on the porch. She was very intentional in her action. As soon as she finished drinking, she picked up her ball and ran right back to me ready to play. I guess she found a new drinking bowl. It was evident that she had drank from it before. I guess it was too much effort for her to come inside to get a drink when she was thirsty.
Who would have thought there would be so much personality in such a little dog!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment