Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Workin' for the Weekend

Matt and I seem to always find ourselves counting the days until Friday. We're so thankful to both have good jobs, but no matter how great our jobs during the week are, our weekends are always better. We enjoy spending time together as a couple, doing fun things with friends, and getting projects done around the house. This past weekend I was reminded of how much I enjoy our weekends together. Here's a breakdown of what we did.

On Friday night after dinner, we headed to Lowe's to get some supplies for our weekend project which included painting our master bathroom (Pics to come when everything is back in order). After we got back from Lowe's, we spent a couple of hours taping and prepping everything for Saturday. Then we crashed. Matt is so tired on Friday nights. It's like the week catches up with him then, and he runs out of energy. Thankfully, he is always back to normal when Saturday morning rolls around.

Saturday morning, I slept in a little and then got busy. I headed out and ran a few errands, while Matt helped a man from our church with some power point stuff. After we finished those tasks, we got busy on our bathroom. Let me tell you that room was a pain to paint. There is so much cutting in that we had to do, and tiny spaces to paint around. Unfortunately, it was the one room in the house in most need of painting and we decided we couldn't put it off any longer. We finished painting by about 3:30 and then rested for a little while. That evening we invited our friends Jason and Andrea over for dinner and I made cheese fondue. Andrea said that was her first time to have fondue, and I was glad to help her experience it :). After dinner, we spontaneously decided to play putt putt. I had been mentioning to Matt for awhile that I wanted to go, but we didn't want to just go alone, because it wouldn't be as much fun, and it seems with putt putt, you need a certain size group (not too big and not too small) to get the most enjoyment out of it. Turns out 4 is the perfect group. We had such a fun night. Andrea and I kept saying how we wished we had our cameras to capture the memories. The putt putt place was crazy busy, but it didn't matter. We enjoyed visiting while we waited and all had a good time (even though Matt lost his first game ever since I have known him). I think he was a little sad. We're hoping to find some other courses to try in the Tulsa area

Sunday after church, we ate lunch and then I settled in for a nap while Matt mowed the yard. I told him as we were leaving church that I thought I would be okay without a nap and we could finish touching up the bathroom, but after lunch I got really tired, so I laid down for awhile. Sunday afternoon naps are one of my favorite things about weekends. I feel so relaxed and refreshed afterward. After my nap Rhapsody and I went for a walk/jog. The weather was gorgeous! That evening after dinner, we headed over to Jason and Andrea's to play some games. They only live about a mile away from us and it's nice to be so close. Matt and Erica brought a sno cone machine so we sat around and ate sno cones and visited. Afterward we played a few rounds of Catchphrase and then broke out Settlers. There were eight of us, so we did a tournament style and played two games. Matt and I both ended up at the winners table during the second game, so it was a good night for the Baughers :).

As we came home that night and prepared for the week ahead, I found myself already looking forward to the next weekend. This coming weekend we're going camping, and I'm really excited! It can't get here soon enough.

No comments: