A few months before my 25th birthday I started hinting to Matt about wanting a larger set of diamond studs for that special birthday. He did some research and had some good arguments for why diamonds won't be quite as "precious" in the future and had found a website that had high quality cubic zirconia stones that had an actual diamond overlay. He told me it was my decision whether to get real diamonds or the cubic zirconia ones. Since we are planning a big vacation this year and due to the fact that I could get much larger stones if I went with the cubic zirconia, I decided to forego the actual diamonds. He ordered them and they came in a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I think I've worn them most days and am enjoying frosting myself.
The special jewelery gifts Matt gives me are so precious to me. I've never bought really nice jewelery for myself, and probably never will because you just can't beat receiving it as a gift from someone especially from the person I love most in the world. It just doesn't have the same meaning if I were to go out and buy it myself. He has gotten me lots of frosting over the years and every time I wear it, I'm reminded of our relationship and the sacrifices he has made to show me what I mean to him. There are so many special memories that I have from receiving my frosting including memories from the first necklace he got me for our first Christmas, to the next Christmas when he gave me a gorgeous diamond necklace that I wore every single day and then had to give up at the mall 2 months later to get it upgraded to a nicer necklace for my birthday, to the stunning engagement ring he gave me when he proposed and the pearl earrings he gave me the Christmas before we got married that I wore on our wedding day, and all the other necklaces and bracelets he's given me for birthdays and holidays over the years. He continues to spoil me, and the best part is, I think he gets as much joy out of giving me the gifts and seeing my reaction as I do in receiving them. I'm so thankful for all the special memories that accompany my frosting.
Oh, and that night after Matt ordered my earrings, we snuggled up in bed and watched "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." It brought back memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment