Sunday, July 5, 2009

Super Dog

We traveled to Weatherford last week for the long weekend. On Friday we along with my parents and in-laws went to a nearby state park so Matt, Barry, and I could go rappelling. We hadn't been in a couple of years, and Matt was excited to get a chance to go again. We went early in the morning to beat some of the heat. I lost count on how many times Matt and Barry climbed up and rappelled down, but they were pretty tired by the time we left. I went down a couple of times. It never really seems scary when I'm on the ground thinking about it, but those first couple of steps off the cliff always terrify me a little bit no matter how many times I go. Honestly, I feel like it's my wifely duty to share in some of Matt's recreational activities. Without him, I would have no desire to try it. I'm glad he pushes me out of my comfort zone sometimes.

Getting ready to go down. Telling Matt I love him in case I don't survive :)


Whew, I can see the ground!

Matt had to shake things up a bit and come down head first.

Then it was Rhapsody's turn. I thought she would enjoying hiking up to the top of the cliff. She scrambled up the rocks and seemed to have a good time exploring all the new smells. I rappelled down and planned to walk back up and then hike back down with her. Matt thought that would be a wasted trip, so he harnessed her into him and rappelled down with her. I don't think she understood what was going on, but she sure came down much easier than I did the first time several years ago when Matt convinced me to jump off cliffs. I think he spent a good 20 minutes convincing me to take the first step off. She was so still until she saw the ground and then she was ready to get all four paws on the ground.


Our own Super Dog!

No comments: