I've been thinking that I needed to post something on our blog. The problem is nothing too exciting has been happening in the Baugher household. Our summer has actually been pretty boring since coming home from vacation. Then I got to thinking about last summer and realized that boring if just fine with me :). This time last year, Matt was driving back and forth from Stillwater to Broken Arrow everyday for work, I was driving back and forth from Stillwater to Edmond for my internship two days a week as well as having class and seeing clients in Stillwater. Oh and during that time we were also packing up our duplex and getting ready to buy our first house. Boring sounds really nice now that I think about that time in our lives.
So how have we been spending our first summer in Broken Arrow? Here are some of the things we've been doing.
We've been eating snowcones! We have found a great snow cone stand in Broken Arrow. They are the perfect snack on a hot day (and we've been having lots of those). The stand is about 7 miles from our house so it's not super convenient, but we manage. It's probably a good thing it's not closer. It's funny to think that in Weatherford terms something that is 7 miles away would be in another town and would seem so far away. I guess that's what living in a bigger city will do to you.
We've been taking Rhapsody to the dog park- A new dog park recently opened in Tulsa, and we've taken Rhapsody there a few times. She loves it. She gets so excited when we pull up and just runs around sniffing and playing. Sometimes she is interested in the people and makes her rounds getting lots of attention. At other times she runs around chasing and sniffing other dogs. We have a lot of fun watching her play, and her tail never stops wagging. We also enjoy getting a chance to visit with other dog lovers while we're there. We've found that dog owners (especially those who love their dogs enough to take them to a dog park) are really nice people.
We've been getting involved in church activities- We're still doing our couple's Bible study on Monday nights. I'm also enjoying some fun coffee nights with other ladies in our Sunday School class, and Matt is going to a men's Bible study and fellowship on Thursday mornings. I also went to a women's conference last weekend which was a great blessing.
We (I mean "I") have been doing some Spring cleaning- I've been cleaning out drawers and plan to tackle closets and cabinets soon. I'm taking advantage of spending more time at home by doing some reorganizing. This week I've been tackling cleaning out the cookbook shelf. I'm hoping to get everything organized and be able to try some new recipes soon.
At the beginning of the summer I had high hopes of doing lots of fun things this summer like camping, hiking, spending Saturdays at the park having a picnic, and going to the lake. With as hot as it's been though, we're rarely outside in the mornings or afternoons and avoid venturing out until after 7 or 8 at night. Sometimes Rhapsody doesn't get a walk until 10 at night. Maybe all our great plans will have to be put off until September or October when the weather cools off. In the meantime we'll have to get creative in ways to enjoy summertime in T-town.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment