On this day last year, we loaded up our Escape with some boxes, and headed to BA early that morning. We met our realtor at the house and did a final walk through.
Then we headed to the Title company and spent a long time signing our names. After that we got a ring of keys and excitedly headed off on our new adventure. Matt had to go to work that afternoon after closing, so I dropped him off and headed home to unload boxes and start cleaning. When Matt got home from work that evening, we cleaned up and went out to eat to celebrate our big day.
At dinnerAfter dinner, we headed back to the house and did a little cleaning and took a walk around our new neighborhood. We spent the night in our new room on an air mattress.
The next morning we spent time cleaning light fixtures, fans, base boards, and cabinets. I'm pretty sure I remember making more than one trip to Lowes and Wal mart for supplies. That evening, we locked up the house and headed back to Stillwater, for one more week until we officially moved to Broken Arrow. What a busy and exciting weekend!
----------------------------------------------------------
On another note, today is another important anniversary for me. On this day 11 years ago, I lost my dad. I remember those days vividly too. I wish he could know my life now. I wish he could have seen me graduate college and get married. I know he would be proud. Someday, I'll get to tell him about all the blessings I had in my life.



No comments:
Post a Comment