Saturday, November 1, 2025

Halloween 2025

 We celebrated another great Halloween. The day before Halloween was Pumpkin Spice day at co-op. We had a potluck, and the kids could wear costumes. 

Instead of wearing her Halloween costume, Katherine wore her Jasmine costume for Disney World. She asked me to do her hair a certain way, and it turned out really cute. 



On Pumpkin Spice day our book club was celebrating finishing a silly mystery book. They all got disguise mustaches to celebrate. 
On Halloween just like the previous eight years, we spent the evening with the Shondelmyers. This was the first Halloween at their new house and new neighborhood. We were all curious to see how trick or treating was in the new neighborhood. 

Elisabeth dressed up as a Greek goddess this year. I really liked her costume. 




Katherine wanted to be a witch. She sure is a cute one!
She tried to give us an evil pose, but that girl can only give big smiles. I love that about her. 
For the last I don't know how many years, Nathan wore his penguin onesie. I'm just happy he still likes to trick or treat. 


Samuel designed and made his own costume- a dragon from the Wings of Fire series he's been reading. He has a gift in designing and creating things. He always impresses me with his creativity. This year was no different. 

We took a few group pictures before sending the kids out on their own. 








Elisabeth and Kaydence went out together, and the other five went together. 






It's still a little wild to me that the kids are all old enough to go off on their own. Corey, Brooke, Matt, and I stayed back sitting by the fire sipping coffee, handing out candy, and visiting. We always laugh about the first year we all trick or treated together, and how Corey had to rescue all the Little Ones whose legs were too tired to walk home. We all piled them in the back of his truck. Sometimes that feels like yesterday, and now they're all racing through the neighborhood on their own. I'm savoring each season of parenting these awesome kids. 



Katherine and Keaton came back earlier than the rest of the kids and traded candy and watched a movie. 

The kids were happy with the new neighborhood and came home with way too much candy.

Katherine fell asleep on the way home. I love the sucker in her hand. The sign of a wonderful Halloween night. 





No comments: