December is filled with many traditions that get sweeter with each year.
We always pull out the puzzle table during Christmas time. It's such a cozy way to entertain ourselves during the break.
We've been making Santa pancakes for dinner one night in December for years. The whipped cream beard grows thicker every year.Cookie baking and decorating has always been one of my favorite traditions. I remember years when I had to skip it because it was too much work for the kids' ages. Now, it's such a joy to spend the day decorating with them. There are many times I miss the days with babies, toddlers, and preschoolers, but this season of parenting is filled with just as much joy and sweetness and fewer messes.
Samuel decorated a cute little Gingerbread family.
The finished products!
This Christmas season our Sunday school class collected gifts for a family in need. Our family had the privilege of delivering them a couple of days before Christmas. The kids were so excited to be little elves and deliver the gifts. I love their servants' hearts.
For the last several years, we've celebrated Christmas Adam with our neighbors. The celebration includes a Christmas concert.
Nathan and Katherine played and sang, "O Come O Come Emmanuel."
Samuel played two piano pieces he'd learned.
Elisabeth and Katherine did a cute little rendition of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"
And Nathan and Elisabeth played and sang, "Let it Snow"
After the concert, we all met at our house for dinner. I always make chicken and noodles for dinner on Christmas Adam.
After dinner, Elena had the idea of caroling to a few neighbors. It was such a sweet new tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment