Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023

We celebrated Thanksgiving with all the best Thanksgiving things- family, friends, and food. 

Ever since Nathan was in Pre-K I've made decorated turkey cupcakes for Thanksgiving. Now the girls have taken over. They did it all from start to finish this year. I hope they continue making them for years to come, it's a fun tradition. I didn't even get a picture of the finished product this year. We brought them to CHEER's elementary Thanksgiving feast, and they all disappeared :). 

The CHEER Thanksgiving Feast is becoming a favorite tradition. The kids always have the best time with their friends. 

 
Bingo is always a hit at elementary parties. 

Nathan has become the default bingo caller at the elementary parties. 
Since the kids had some extra free time over break, they showed off their creativity. Sam and Elisabeth opened a brain flakes pet shop. 
So detailed and creative!


Samuel always requests apple pie at Thanksgiving and is always willing to help. Eating the apple peels is his favorite part I think. 




Katherine made us a turkey out of her mosaic art set.

Elisabeth's favorite part of Thanksgiving is making the jello salads. It's been a tradition for several years now. 

Everyone helped get ready for Thanksgiving dinner. 

We enjoyed a delicious feast. 





And a scrumptious dessert. 
It's not a visit from Granny and Grandaddy without Fast Track. These kids are pros by now. 


One of my special Thankgsiving memories is this decoration that Granny painted. I've always loved it and remember how fun it was to set up when I was a kid. Now my children share that joy with me. Such special legacy. 

Once Thanksgiving lunch was over, it was officially Christmas season, and my little elves couldn't wait to decorate the tree. 

Our Thanksgiving was simple yet special, treasured memories. 

No comments: