We had even more summer fun the last half of July.
Caden invited Nathan to spend the day at his house one day, and when his mom brought Nathan back that afternoon, we realized that they had come up with a scheme to get Caden to spend the night with us. He even packed his toothbrush, ha! I guess their scheming paid off, because he got to spend the night. That's what childhood summers are about, right!?!
We try to make it to a Tulsa Driller's game once a summer, and we made it happen with some of our favorite friends. The kids played and rolled in the grass, and ate treats, and didn't watch much of the game, but they had the best night. The adults had fun too- also not watching much of the game, ha!
The girls asked for a picture by themselves.
So, of course the boys had to have one too.
Summer playdates with the neighbors never get old. They played a lot of school this summer.
At the end of July, Erica, Mindy, and I went on our annual girls' weekend. This was our fifth trip together. I'm so glad we thought of the idea and work hard to make it happen every year. It's such a refreshing, fun, soul filling weekend. I love these dear friends. And I also love the yummy food and shopping spree that goes along with our weekend.
The day after I returned from my girls' weekend, Matt and I sent our biggest off to camp for the week. That was a big milestone for us! He was so very excited about it, that it was hard to be too sad.
And he was going with two of his best buddies. Knowing those three boys would be together for the week eased a lot of my worries. I thank God for his friendships often- especially that week.
I missed him so much!
I don't think he missed me that much though. He had a great week and can't wait to go back next summer (with Samuel!)
The kids all missed Nathan tremendously. Everyday, the girls were asking when he would be home, and they talked often about how much they missed him. Their reunion on Friday was the absolute sweetest. I hope and pray they keep their sibling bond throughout their entire lives. So special!
He even used his spending money to buy them gifts. Goodness, I still get teary thinking about his precious heart and love for his little siblings. He is the best big brother.
We spent a lot of time at the pool in July. One day while Nathan was at camp, we had some friends join us, but they were all girls, and Samuel was feeling left out. He played by himself and built this elaborate home for the sea turtles. He was so proud of it! I love his creativity.
We ended July with a fun summer day at a water park with my cousin Lindsey and her kiddos. We originally planned a weekend in Weatherford with them, but had to rearrange plans because of some COVID interruptions. The kids had a fun afternoon playing with their New Mexico cousins. We can't wait to see them again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment