Katherine is officially three and a half years old. She's growing and changing so fast, I wanted to record a little about her at this fun age.
She is a very affectionate little girl. She requires hugs and kisses whenever she says goodbye to anyone. If she's a little anxious about leaving, she requires multiple hugs and kisses. Right now she hugs us, and then kisses wherever she reaches which is our tummies. She always says, "Huggy and kissy."
Katherine has a way of making everyone feel special. She has an outgoing personality and will talk and play with any friend she finds. She's complimentary and kind and notices things about others. I was surprised at how easily she attached to my grandparents when we visited after not seeing them or really knowing them for a lot of her life. She happily climbed into their laps and visited with them like she'd known them forever. She has a contagious sweetness and joy that exudes in everything she does. I love that about her.
She loves clothes, dresses and dress up clothes and likes to change clothes umpteen times per day. She loves jewelry and makeup and bows. She asks for specific hair styles each day and gets excited whenever she gets a new outfit or shoes.
She adores her siblings and they dote on her. She's a sly Little One and she can bat her eyes and turn on her sweet voice and get anyone to do anything for her. It's impossible to tell her no.
She is taking gymnastics and dance classes right now, and she loves both of them so much. She tells me that she likes dance better than gymnastics. She's a performer, always putting on a show or striking a pose and asking me to take her picture. She wants to be a ballerina when she grows up.
Her favorite foods are yogurt smoothies, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, apples, strawberries, grilled cheese sandwiches. She lives for snacks.
Her favorite toys are Calico Critters, Paw Patrol. Barbies, and dress up clothes. She likes to play games- a few favorites are Sleeping Queens, Uno, and Pretty Pretty Princess. She plays sleepover, school, dance and gymnastics with her sister. She also likes playing outside- jumping on the trampoline and riding her bike.
She's still napping occasionally but it's inconsistent. Sometimes I try to put her down for a nap, and she won't fall asleep and sometimes we have a busy afternoon and there's not time to try for a nap. She definitely doesn't need them everyday, but I don't think she's totally outgrown them either.
She's pretty easy going and good at entertaining herself. Waiting in lines or riding in the car, I find her just talking to herself, or singing or dancing around. She's in her own world happily playing.
Katherine is the sweetest gift to our family. I always remember how long Matt and I debated about whether or not to have a fourth baby. It felt like such a hard decision for us. And then I watch her dancing and singing and prancing around and I think "Gosh, that was a no brainer. How could we have ever not wanted to add her to our family?" I cannot imagine our family without our adorable Cherry on Top.
No comments:
Post a Comment