Elisabeth Kae, You are SIX years old and are such a joy to all of us. At six years old, you are friendly, outgoing, a leader, helpful, smart, imaginative, and a little dramatic. You've grown up and matured a lot in the past year. God gave our family a precious gift when he gave us you.
Your shining characteristic to everyone is your friendliness and outgoing spirit. Others are drawn to you because you make everything more fun. You're creative in the things you play and you're good at assigning roles and things to play with all your friends. Your Pre-K teachers always told us how dependable and responsible you were in the classroom and how other kids always wanted to play with you and you'd find a way to be in charge in what you were playing. They said you'd line all the kids up and play school with them, and kids always wanted to be around you. I hope that fun, inclusive spirit stays with you as you grow because it's a gift God has given you, and I pray you'll use it for His glory.
Friendships have always been a big deal to you. At school this year your best friends were Paige, Addisyn and Audrey R., and your best friends from church/family friends are Sarah, Kaydence, Audrey N., Ainsley, Emma and Emmalynn. You are always asking to have friends over to play and are a very social girl. Your friends are very important to you and you've chosen some great ones that I hope continue for a long time.
You still struggle to play independently. You're very social in your play. Some of your favorite things to play with friends/siblings are trip, cooking, shows/performances/competitions, school and dress up. You also like to play board games and card games, and you're gettin good at them! It's uncommon for your to play by yourself and with lots of siblings and friends, it doesn't happen too often. For alone/quiet time you almost always choose to listen to audio books instead of playing. You also learned to ride your bike without training wheels this year, and since then you ride it outside/around the block almost daily.


One of your more challenging traits is you like to get your way and struggle to obey the first time or get upset if something's not going your way. There's definitely some stubbornness in you, but even though it can be difficult to discipline you at times, I am glad you have strong preferences, opinions and fight for what you believe in.

You're in dance class this year, and your favorite part is performing. You also love gymnastics and keep begging to take more gymnastics classes.

Your favorite shows/movies right now are Descendants and Zombies, and Butterbean Cafe, You also like to watch the video game walk throughs, and I'm still not sure why you like those so much, but you're just as happy to watch Daniel Tiger and Paw Patrol with your sister. You also like Jo Jo Siwa music. That's your latest obsession.
Your favorite books are Junie B. Jones, Ramona and Beezus, and Rainbow Fairy books. You listen to audio books daily and after we read our family read aloud, you ask me to read some other of your favorite chapter books to you in your room before bed. It's fun to read some girly books with you! You're starting to get better and better at reading too. I can tell things are starting to click in your head, and I'm waiting for you to take off with reading at anytime. I'm certain you'll be a good reader when you finish Kindergarten.

You're motivated in reading and other skills by affirmation and praise from others. I think that's also why you enjoy performing so much. I still think your primary love language is quality time, but I can see traits of words of affirmation in your personality too.
You've been very interested in cooking/baking lately and are always asking to help me in the kitchen. I'm very proud of how helpful you desire to be and the ways you seek to help do things around the house. You're usually happy to always entertain your sister and play with her. You have a big responsibility in your example to her and you take it seriously. Your work ethic in doing your chores has improved this year too. You're maturing in so many ways, and I'm so proud of you!

You're still a picky eater. You're favorite foods are spaghetti and meatballs, princess soup, vanilla yogurt, and apples. You'll try new foods more often now, but you still don't like most of them.

You're 46 inches tall (65%) and weigh 44.8lbs (48%). You're still wearing 6X clothes but also moving into 7-8s and wear a size 13 shoe. You always prefer to wear pajamas all day long. Being at home so much because of Coronavirus has made that easier for you. You're particular in the clothes you like- mostly based on comfort.
Elisabeth, you are an answer to our prayers and a joy to our family. You make everything we do more fun, and as you grow up, I treasure our mother/daughter relationship more and more.

I'm so thankful for you, and will continue to soak up the privilege of watching you grow and mature year after year. You are loved more than you'll ever know, Sweet Girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment