Wednesday, August 5, 2020

July Fun, Part 2

Summer fun wore this Cutie out. She falls asleep in the weirdest positions :)

The kids started back to their church classes on July 19. The big three were thrilled to be back with their teachers and friends. Katherine had grown too attached to me during the last four months and wasn't excited about being away from us. We sang "Grown ups come back" the whole way to her class and she still threw a pretty big fit when I left her. 

These girls didn't have any problems telling us goodbye!

The kids and I made a quick trip to Weatherford to visit Granny and Grandaddy and Momoo. We hadn't seen them since December which is probably the longest amount of time I've gone without seeing them. That's probably been the hardest part of this Pandemic. Thankfully they felt comfortable for us to come visit for a couple of days, and we all had a great time. 

Katherine had to learn how to play Fast Track. She loved putting the pegs in the holes. 
Samuel helped pick some apples from the apple tree in the backyard. 

Since we couldn't go anywhere or visit anyone during our visit, Granny arranged for an afternoon swim at her friend's pool. It was good for the kids to burn off some energy.



I spy a Samuel playing Hide and Seek :)
Granny and Grandaddy's driveway is perfect for scooter riding.
On our last night, I took the kids to get snow cones for a treat. 


Elisabeth likes playing SkipBo so we got a few games in with Granny and Grandaddy before we said goodbye. I sure hope we don't have to go as long without seeing them again. 
Before we left town we stopped to visit with Momoo for a few hours. We ate pizza and chocolate cake and played for a couple of hours. 
Then we took the kids to the splash pad for some play time before we left town. We had a great visit. We missed seeing our extended family and friends in Weatherford, but I'm so, so glad we had a chance to visit and spend time with my grandparents before the summer ended. 
Samuel and I were scheduled for a date in July, and he asked to go to Urban Air for our date. We had such a fun time together. It was wonderful to be able to give him 100% of my attention and watch him play on all the obstacles/ropes courses/trampolines. 




He's fearless!






We played a few rounds of dodgeball together and jumped on the trampoline. 

After our Urban Air visit, he asked to eat lunch at Braums and chose a yummy dessert. 

He's getting so big! He's my independent non attention-seeking kiddo, so it was a joy to spend a few hours spoiling him and spending time with him! He teaches me everything I need to know about Pokemon.

I had another date with this Cutie the same day. She was scheduled for a Kindergarten date in August, but the timing randomly worked out that Matt was out of town, the boys went to a birthday party, and Katherine was at my mom's house, so we went ahead and had our date early.
She asked to eat dinner at Bill and Ruth's. We talked all about her upcoming birthday party and what she was excited about going to Kindergarten. That girl is READY to be back at school with her friends!

After dinner we went shopping at Target for new school shoes and school supplies. 
She's so fun to shop with! She enjoys browsing and looking and shopping so much and is the BEST shopping buddy.

We ended our date with a snow cone. She was worn out after a busy day and a fun date. Elisabeth is at a super fun age right now. I'm so enjoying her maturity, interests, and sweet girlyness. 




Nathan has been working on building roller coaster marble runs a lot this summer. He's getting good at it!



I never want to forget her voice or the way she talks at age 2.5


To round out July, we had one last summer sleepover with Kaydence. Samuel slept over with Keaton and had a great time with him, and I got to spend time with these crazy girls!

They made a birthday party for Katherine complete with a birthday meal, cake and presents! 


On the last Sunday of the month, we took the three big kids to White Water for the day. We met up with the Millers and the Evetts and had a great day!Matt and I both frequently visited White Water as kids, so it was a fun day sharing it with our kids. We opened the park and shut it down and had a great day riding water slides and playing with friends.






We don't get to see the Evetts as often as we would like, but I always love how we are able to pick up our friendship as if no time as passed, and I love it even more that our kids are the same way! These girls had a blast playing together. 





No comments: