Monday, February 17, 2020

Valentine's Day 2020


We had a fun few days celebrating Valentine's Day this year. We've created some fun family traditions that the kids look forward to every year.

Our first tradition is heart shaped pancakes for breakfast.
Katherine was a fan!

The kids were festive in their red and pink clothes on Valentine's Day

The Big Three had parties at school Friday morning. Nathan got a special Valentine for Kamryn. I had to document it ;)
This Little Girl was thrilled to attend her silblings' parties.
First up was Samuel's party.

They played the saran wrap game. It wasn't a huge success with so many kids. But I think everyone still had fun.
Then we headed to Elisabeth's party.

They played some fun games.
Elisabeth decorated her Valentine's Box by herself. I thought it turned out cute!

Lastly, Katherine and I ran to Nathan's party. His class made love robots.
And he also decorated his box by himself, ha! He loved it.
Matt and I had an at home date night for Valentine's Day. He ordered take out and planned some fun activities- rock band, a puzzle, and a romantic movie. I sure love my Number 1 Valentine.
Saturday afternoon, the weather was pretty so we went to the Gathering Place for a couple of hours.




This swing is the kids' favorite thing about the Gathering Place



We came home from the Gathering Place, and the kids did their annual Valentine's Scavenger Hunt.










They were pretty happy with their surprises.





After the Scavenger Hunt we had cheese fondue for dinner and all shared what we love about each other.

A few of the answers I want to make sure I remember-

Nathan said he loves that Samuel never accomplishes a goal, because whenever he gets close to completing one, he always sets a new goal (Such a profound and accurate description)

Katherine loves that Mommy and Daddy snuggle with her

Nathan and Samuel love that Elisabeth is so outgoing and fun to play with and will always talk to people for them.




We usually have chocolate fondue for dessert, but it was getting late, so we postponed and had chocolate fondue for dessert the next night.
Katherine approves of our Valentine's Day traditions.

No comments: