Monday, August 26, 2019

23 Months Old


Sweet Katherine, you are allmmooost two. We pretty much always refer to you as a two year old now, because you usually act like one. You throw tantrums when you don't get your way, you tell us no all the time and always want to do everything by yourself. You also talk all the time, give the best hugs and snuggles and always keep us laughing and smiling with how cute you are. Yup, you're pretty much the definition of a two year old.



Your favorite things right now are ice cream, pacifiers, baby dolls, your siblings, ice, Cocomelon channel on Youtube, princesses, the Frozen soundtrack, Babybel cheese, books, and playing outside.



I wanted to get a picture of you first thing in the morning just to remember your morning look- hair in your eyes, pacifier in your mouth and all smiles. You always wake up so happy. You also never make noise in the mornings. I really have no idea what time you wake up. But usually whenever I go into your room around 7:30 you're always awake and just lying happily in your bed. It's the same way for nap time- you wake up happy and quiet. You are so easy to put to bed at night. I almost always do your night time routine, and we brush teeth, change diaper/pajamas, read books, and then I put you in your bed with a handful of pacifiers, a cup of water, and a blanket. You always ask me to stay but are content when I tell you that I'll come back later to check on you.

You are a feisty, stubborn thing. You hate to ever be confined in a shopping cart or stroller or anything. You always ask to "walk floor" We also went through a phase recently where you also wanted to take your shoes off in the store, and then "walk floor." We've had a battle of wills, you and me, Sis. You also don't like to buckle up in your car seat anymore. That's been fun too.
You started gymnastics this month in the two year old class and had a hard time the first couple of weeks. You're a Momma's Girl and didn't like it that I couldn't stay with you for the class. You ended up crying and sitting next to me for the first two classes. But, I'm so proud of you, because after those first two weeks, you've participated like a pro. You're confident and obedient and having a great time. It was fun to see your progression and maturity in handling a new situation. I love being your mom and watching you learn and grow, Sweet Girl, and I hope you continue to love gymnastics this year- and not just for the sucker at the end, ha!

Week 1 pic-

Week 4 pic-
You still love the pool and playing in water, although you hit your limit well before the big kids, so we've been bringing snacks to entertain you and extend our time at the pool.

You're talking all the time. I love your little voice and hearing your thoughts. Some common things we hear from you are "I do it myself," "I stay Momma" "Pick Sissy up" "Ewey ewey" "More pacies" and "huggie, huggie"




Some of your favorite foods are macaroni and cheese, peanut butter sandwiches, granola bars, fruit snacks, hot dogs, grapes, bananas, mandarin oranges, pancakes, cookies, ice pops, and whipped cream. When you see me with a can of whipped cream, you immediately open your mouth wide so I can squirt it in your mouth. You also love to crunch on ice and drink ice water.

Some of your favorite toys are your sister's Barbie dream house, books, baby dolls and baby doll stroller, your ice cream cart, blocks that you can knock over, and always your red car.



You're adjusting pretty well to your big siblings all being in school. I think you enjoy some individual attention and being able to play with whatever toys you want without being bossed around. But you ask to "Pick Sissy up" multiple times per day. One time you asked less than an hour after we dropped her off, ha! You're learning that we pick her up after nap time each day, and usually ask about it when I come to get you after your nap.

You still adore your sister and always want to play with her. She's getting good at bossing you around, and for right now, you love it. You also love your brothers, and you get so concerned when they're upset or crying. You'll always say, "Uh oh, Bubby cry" and try to console him and check on him. You never want to be left out either. You had to have a "pack pack" just like them on the first day of school even though you weren't going anywhere.

You're still battling separation anxiety anytime I leave you. You throw a big fit and yell, "No, stay momma" Thankfully you calm down pretty quickly- that's what everyone tells me at least, and are always happy when I come and pick you up. I've been thinking that you'll outgrow it soon, but based on your level of anxiety, I'm guessing we'll be dealing with tears at drop offs for awhile.




You're tiring and frustrating at times, but you're also the cutest thing in the world, and I absolutely love to spend my days with you. I'll get more one on one time with you than I did with any of your siblings, and you're the greatest side kick. I find myself missing you when you're asleep and I can't wait for all the adventures we're going to have this year.

No comments: