Monday, July 1, 2019

June Fun, Part 2

Near the end of June, Mindy, Erica and I went on our third annual girls' weekend. We had the best time- curling our hair, eating delicious food and treats, catching up on life, and talking about the hard stuff with encouragement and wisdom. I'm so thankful for these ladies and their treasured friendships. I love that we can share our struggles and build one another up and also just have fun and laugh.

We met in OKC on Friday night and traveled to Pawhuska on Saturday to visit the Pioneer Woman's Mercantile. The food was great as usual, and the company was even better.

We were able to do a lodge tour this year which was fun. The views were incredible.




We stopped for pedicures on the way back to the city on Saturday evening
We spent the day on Sunday shopping at the Outlet mall and then said goodbye. Thankfully we have plans to get together again soon.

I got home on Sunday night ready to see my family. Matt had even painted Elisabeth's toenails while I was gone. He was so sweet to watch them all weekend, so I could get a break.
The day after I got home from my girls' weekend, we were up early for our first day of swim lessons. We had to leave our house every morning for two weeks at 8:15 am which was a rude awakening compared to our normal lazy summer mornings. But we were in swim lessons with friends, and the kids loved swim lessons so much that it ended up not being too difficult to get everyone out the door early each morning.
Samuel and Kaydence were in the same class this year and Keaton and Elisabeth were together. It was cute because even though those pairs don't play together too often when we're together, they were always next to each other and holding hands during lessons.










All the kids made improvements in their swimming during the lessons. It's fun to watch their progress over the 10 days of lessons.

The good thing about having early morning lessons was that we finished them early and had time to do fun things while we were already out of the house.

We visited the Shondelmyer's pool one day after lessons. The kids swam for 2.5 hours before I forced them out of the pool so we could go home and nap.

Even Katherine did great at the pool. Their pool has a beach entry which is fun for her, and it has an island which is the big kids' favorite thing.
Kaydence ended up coming home with us on Tuesday afternoon for the girls' first real sleepover. They played so well all afternoon and evening.
Such sweet friends.

Kaydence had a little bit of a rough night being away from her mom, but we both persevered and called their first sleepover a success.

We headed over to the Dalman's house another day after swim lessons. The kids played at the splash pad until lunch time.
I love watching Katherine and Luke together. They're at such cute ages. I hope they have a special friendship like their big siblings do.
The kids had fun playing with their friends after lunch.

These girls have been inseparable this summer.
We also had another play date with the Shondelmyers on Thursday. Wyatt is so sweet to play with Katherine. She's a big fan of him.
We all went to Sams for lunch. Elisabeth says it's her favorite restaurant :)

We don't have a Sams membership, so Brooke is always kind to let me tag along and shop for what I need.

Elisabeth is having fun at gymnastics this summer. She really likes the bars, because her gymnastics class last year didn't have a set of bars.



We took the three big kids to see Toy Story 4 one Saturday morning. They all really liked it. I wasn't blown away, and I did not like the ending. Toy Story 3 had the perfect ending. I almost wish they would have left it alone. But it was fun watching it and remembering our fun at Toy Story Land. The kids pointed to the poster and said, "we're really lucky because we got to go to Toy Story Land"
That afternoon we headed back to the Island pool for more fun with all our friends. Matt helped Brett with some painting, and Michelle and I took the kids to the pool and met up with Brooke's family too. So fun!
We went back to her house for dinner and more play time.
Apparently there was a girls' club meeting on the slide.
I love Katherine's giant smile. She was so proud of herself for pushing Wyatt.
We had the best Saturday spending quality time with two of our favorite families. I love Summer Saturdays.

On Sunday I decked the kids out in their red, white, and blue for church to celebrate the Fourth of July.

I can't believe summer is half over. We're soaking up all the fun we can and tolerating the whining and arguing and lack of routine/schedule, ha!

No comments: