At 22 months old, your favorite things are horsey rides, swimming pools, your sissy, popsicles, princess board books, pacifiers (always!), Elsa and Anna, crushed ice, whipped cream, your friend Luke, baby dolls, swinging, and huggies and kissies with everyone in your family.
Your obssession with princesses continue. This month you've been loving Ariel, and Elsa and Anna. You sing along to the Frozen songs, and even sat and wathced some of the movie. It was definitely the movie that has held your attention the longest. You love to read your princess books and usually are carrying around a princess doll throughout the day.
You adore your sister. You two are still playing so well together. Your brothers are a little jealous because you'll always choose playing with Elisabeth over playing with the boys. Your sister bond is adorable. You follow her around and she can get you to do just about anything including helping her with her chores. You two love to play baby dolls, kitchen, dance parties, and night night.
You are the easiest kid around to put to bed. We brush teeth, read books, and I lay you in your bed. Usually you'll try and stall and ask for huggies from everyone in the family, but then once I put you in your bed- with a zillion pacifiers, a cup of water, and a few books. Even when we've needed you to sleep in a different bed or room, you still go to bed just fine. You take a good 2 hour nap everyday and sleep from about 8:00-7:00 each night.
You're talking all the time and I love your little voice. You say "ma" for milk, "wa wa" for water, "pop-ti-ti" for popsicle and "tassy" for pacifier. You comment that all your dirty diapers are "tinky." Some common phrases I always here are "where are you mommy?" "I did it" "Daddy home" "Mommy stay" and "no, mine" because you are almost two of course :)
You've been loving going to the pool this summer. You like to play with our sea turtles, jump of the side, and try to imitate anything your siblings are doing. It's been such a fun family time together.
You want to be so independent all the time. You refuse to ride in strollers and shopping carts, and recently you've started taking your shoes off in stores too- so your preference is to walk around uncontained and barefoot while I try to shop. Whew, neither of us are too happy during those shopping trips. I feel like I have such a different perspective raising you than your siblings. You're my last baby, and I know that these stages will pass all too quickly- even the hard things, and so I can take a deep breath and be grateful for all the joys and trials that come with the toddler stage, because I know that all too soon, this stage will just be a precious memory- and I'll probably forget about the stressful shopping trips.
You're wearing a size 5 diaper, 24 months or 2T clothes, and a size 6 shoe. You love to take off your shoes and put them back on. You always take them off in the car, and usually throw them down so we can't find them.
You're usually always happy, and skip, run and giggle while you are playing. Occasionally you can wake up from a nap a little grumpy, but you're able to snap out of your bad moods pretty easily. You're growing up so fast and add so much fun to our family. We all can't get enough of you. Everyone always wants to play with you, check on you, and take care of you. You are soaking up the role of baby of the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment