Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Easter 2019


We had a really great, low key Easter this year. Sunday morning we got ready for church in new Easter dresses. I always have fun buying coordinating outfits for the kids each Easter. I wonder how many more years I can get away with it. They were all so darling in their pastel pinks and blues.

Elisabeth even let me use foam rollers in her hair so it would be curly for Easter Sunday.




I think this might be my very favorite picture of Katherine. It captures her toddler personality so perfectly. She's such a happy girl.
We had a great Easter service at church with powerful Worship music and a great evangelist. The Lord worked in that Easter service and dozens of people came forward at the invitation to be saved. It was special to see the Lord work in such mighty ways. We are grateful to worship a Risen Savior on Easter and every day.
After church, my parents came over for Easter lunch.

Elisabeth wanted to do a princess poses in her Easter dress.

We let the kids open their Easter baskets before lunch. They were mainly Disney themed (with some peeps and a chocolate bunny). I had been collecting little things that we need for Disney World- ponchos, Mickey ears, coloring books, light up wands, etc and just saved them all for their Easter baskets.







Katherine is a big fan of Peeps!




After lunch, the kids had an Easter egg hunt in the backyard which was really fun.

Katherine seemed to understand what was going on and did a great job finding her eggs.




Afterward they had to empty all their eggs and sort their candy.
We had a pretty restful afternoon. The kids played upstairs, and Matt and I and Katherine dozed/napped. We went for a family walk that evening and played some games. It was a great Easter.



No comments: