Friday, April 26, 2019

19 Months Old


Katherine Grace,
You are 19 months old! You're still as such a fun toddler age. We smile and laugh with you all day long.

This month you've started wrapping your arms around my neck and snuggling in for hugs. Goodness, it's the best feeling in the whole world. I love it so much! And to fully encompass the toddler stage, you also say no, "mo" all.the.time too, ha! You are a hugger though. Anytime anyone requests a hug, you are more than happy to oblige, and you especially love to hug your little friends. You run after them and almost tackle them to show them some love.

You also love to take pictures. Anytime I get you dressed in a dress for church, you immediately run and stand by the fire place to pose for a picture, and you always say cheese when you see a camera out.

You're talking all the time now, but some fun new words you're saying are "hello," "ok," "baby" and "bubbles." You want to go outside all the time and blow bubbles.

This Spring weather has shown us all your fondness for outside. You ask to play outside multiple times every day. Thankfully your big siblings like to go out with you and even push you on the swing, blow bubbles for you, and give you wagon rides. No wonder you love it so much. You're spoiled by them.

You've started not wanting to sit in your high chair for meals, and are showing your strong will. We've compromised at some meals and I'll move your high chair to the table and let you eat at the table without your high chair tray. That works some of the time. You've started moving the other kitchen chairs out of the way, so that you can scoot your high chair over. You've also started to fight stroller rides when we go on family walks around the neighborhood. Lately, we've been pushing an empty stroller while you run up ahead. You still love to run and want to do everything your big siblings do. You copy their every move- now you even spit in the sink after I brush your teeth.





You've also been refusing to sit in shopping carts. You're such an independent little girl, which I love, but you also wear me out. 

You're wearing a size 5 diaper and size 24 month (and a few 2T) clothes. You like to dress up. I let you wear a princess dress the other day when Elisabeth had a friend over, and you ended up wearing it (and princess high heels) to Elisabeth's dance class because you refused to take it off. I think you might be a girly girl like your big sister- I'm totally okay with that :)

You got your last canine tooth this month. You have the sweetest toothy grin. Your siblings are all losing their teeth, and you're getting yours in.

Your new favorite books are Tip, tip, dig, dig and Bathtime Mathtime. You also love your Bubble Guppies look and find book. You always ask for more books at bedtime.

You adore your siblings. You get so excited when we pick them up for school. You've even asked for Nathan- "Nay Nay" in the middle of the night when you woke up. They are all so sweet with you. Their interaction with you is one of my favorite things to witness as a mom.

You are obsessed with your pacifiers. I even caught you with two in your mouth the other day. You like to hoard them and always want one in your mouth and a few in your hands too when you're going to bed. You're sleeping well at night and taking a two hour nap every afternoon.

You mimic everything anyone does, and one of my favorite things you mimic is vacuuming. Anytime I get the vacuum out, you immediately run and find your toy vacuum and vacuum right next to me the whole time. You're so passionate about it. It's adorable.

We love you so much! And I treasure the one on one time I get with you during the days. You're the best sidekick to run errands with, do chores with, and play with. Such a joy!

















No comments: