Matt had to travel to Miami last week for work, so the kids and I were on our own. We survived and managed to have a pretty fun week even without one of our favorite people.
He left early Sunday morning and I took all four kids to church by myself for the first time, and we made it mostly on time, ha!
We took the boys to see The Greatest Showman a couple of weeks ago, and Samuel made his own costume like the movie. They've been playing "circus' pretty much non stop.
Nathan has been saving his money for months for a big lego set, and he finally had enough to buy one. He spent all weekend working on it.
After church on Sunday we grabbed lunch and headed to meet some friends for a picnic. Corey was out of town too, so Brooke and I tried to keep the kids entertained as long as we could before going home The weather was beautiful and all our kids play so well together. We stayed at the park for 2.5 hours. We all had a great time!
While Matt was gone I let each of the kids have a special night with me where they got to sleep with me and stay up late watching a special show/movie. Elisabeth was first. She asks to sleep with me every.single.night, so she was thrilled!!
She stayed up WAY too late. It was too exciting to sleep. At least she took a good nap the next day, ha!
Nathan finished his Lego set Monday morning. He was so proud we had to send a picture to Daddy.
Katherine was her four month well check on Monday too. She was smiling and talking to the doctor the whole time. Our pediatrician said she won the happiest baby award at least until the shots came out. Poor baby.
Monday afternoon, Nathan had a friend come home with him after school. They had so much fun playing and the little kids kept trying to tag along with whatever they were doing.
I also let the kids each pick a dinner for the week and they got to be dinner helper for their special meal. Nathan chose pizza, and he and Kamryn helped me make it, so of course we had to have Kamryn stay and eat with us. They were laughing at each other's knock knock jokes during dinner.
Then we dropped her off at home and headed to basketball practice. Out of the whole week, his basketball practice was probably the most frazzled I ever was playing single mom for the week. I'm not even sure why it seemed so stressful, just wrangling the three little ones while he practiced.
Samuel got his special night on Monday, and he wanted to watch Cars 2 in bed with me.
Katherine had a rough night on Monday. She ran a pretty good fever from her shots and did not rest well. Poor Baby. I finally gave her some Tylenol in the middle of the night and that helped her feel good enough to get a good stretch of sleep. She was all smiles the next morning, while I was yawning, ha!
Tuesday morning the kids and I ran some errands and went to the library. They asked if they could see the little boy that had a basket that you can put sticks in. I was so confused. I finally figured out they were talking about this little statue, ha!
While Elisabeth napped on Tuesday Samuel built a garage for his Hot Wheels. I love that kid!
Tuesday night was Elisabeth's special dinner night and she chose her favorite meal, spaghetti and meatballs. She was so excited!
The kids spent the week working on a special poster for Daddy. They each had their own "jobs' and were so proud of it.
Tuesday night was this boy's turn for his special mommy night. He wanted to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs for his special movie.
Wednesday was the 100th day of school, so he got to dress up as a 100 year old man. He's pretty cute for an old man!
We had pancakes and eggs for Samuel's dinner choice on Wednesday night.
Thursday afternoon my grandparents came up to visit and help me with the kids. They are such a big help. They pretty much just took Katherine and never gave her back, ha! It was super nice to have their help in the evenings when I'm trying to get the big kids to bed and in the mornings when I'm rushing around trying to get everyone ready for school.
We had pizza and a movie night on Friday night. It wasn't the same without Daddy though.
Nathan read a book to Granny and Grandaddy before bed too.
The finished poster, just waiting on Daddy to get home to see it!
Saturday morning we got ready to go to Sarah's birthday party Love these cute girls in matching outfits!
Matt got home on Saturday afternoon and we were so glad to have him home! We went to Chick Fil A for dinner Saturday night to celebrate and kept celebrating on Sunday too with the girls' first trip to the movie theater. We watched Paddington for the first time for movie night a few weeks ago, and thought it'd be fun to take them to see Paddington 2.
Elisabeth loved the popcorn and only had to go to the bathroom twice
during the movie, ha! And it was Super Bowl Sunday so the theater was
pretty much empty. I think we might make it a new Super Bowl Sunday
tradition.
Thursday, February 8, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








































No comments:
Post a Comment