Monday, May 29, 2017

Life Lately

The last month of school was filled with all sorts of fun activities with our three Little Crazies.

April and May were extremely wet months around here which led to too many canceled soccer games, but also held lots of fun for my muddy puddle lovers.

It took a lot for me to let them make such big messes (and clean them up afterward) but they sure had fun.

Rainy days meant lots of puzzles and inside playing too.
We have had some fun playing outside in the sunshine too.

These two had too much fun preparing for Nathan's Lego party. I don't know which one had more fun with the plans :)
Soccer fun- I think they ended up only playing like three or four games at their schedule times. Silly rain.

I love hearing these kiddos say their Bible verses every week.

Nathan's Kindergarten took a field trip to the zoo and I got to tag along. He got to ride a school bus for the first time and was pretty pumped about it. He had so much fun spending the day playing with all his favorite Kindergarten friends (and I had fun chasing them around and visiting with all their moms).




He was worn out after his big day at the zoo. I told him we could stop and get him a drink at Quick Trip before we picked up Samuel and Elisabeth, and then I looked back and saw that he was sound asleep. It was a big day for him!
He was thrilled to get birthday money/gift cards for his birthday and that he had enough money to buy the prison island Lego set he's been eyeing for months. It was $20 cheaper on Amazon than at the store, so he had to practice some delayed gratification and wait for two days to start on it, and then he finished it in a day. Ha! He wanted me to take pictures and send to his teacher so she could show his class his new Lego set.
Matt was home from work for a couple of days after we got home from vacation, so we took these Cuties to the mall and spoiled them with a carousel ride.
The surprise we brought Samuel from our trip was an inflatable dinosaur. He was thrilled. Samuel fed him hot dogs, tucked him into bed, name him Rexy and played with him non stop for a couple of days. He even told me once that when our new baby got here we'd had five kids in our family. When I corrected him and told him that we'd have four kids, he said "No, we'll have five because Rexy is in our family now too." Ha!
We were out of town for Mothers' Day and I missed my babies, but they spoiled me with sweet gifts after I got home. Matt took them to the store and let them pick out gifts for me. I love how thoughtful they were. And I got some sweet homemade things too.
Samuel and Elisabeth had Muffins with Mom just before Mothers' Day too, and Samuel's class sang the sweetest song to all the moms. Love that boy :)

I blinked and we were taking Last Day of Kindergarten pictures of my biggest boy. He had the best year. I remember all my worries and fears and tears before he started and the first couple of weeks he was in Kindergarten, and I'm just thankful for the answered prayers because he had such a great year. He loved his teacher (I did too). He's reading and writing so well, made great friends, and treasured memories. I just think he's the best kid around. And I'm thrilled to have him home with me for a couple of months.
His last day of school also brought closure to my year of having these two Tag Alongs with me. I had so much fun spending my days with these Crazies while their big brother was in school. They bonded and became the best of friends. They were the best errand buddies and always kept me laughing and tested my patience.
Samuel will be in Pre-K next year and away from me a lot more than this year and with a new baby joining us in the Fall, I grieved a little about the closure of this season of having them both home with me almost full time.

Samuel and Elisabeth also finished gymnastics at the end of May. Elisabeth kept me entertained during her brother's class every week.

E

They both loved gymnastics and are excited about starting again in the Fall. They sing this song every week in their classes and I hear it A LOT at home!


And this silly boy "hurt his eye" (bumped it and didn't actually injure it at all) and needed a bandaid. He was so proud of his little eye patch and wore it all day.
There's never a dull moment around here.

No comments: