Sunday, February 26, 2017

Life Lately

We've been having a fun February!

The kids had fun dressing up in layers for Layer Night at AWANA. They wore almost every pair of pants they own.

We had a fun play date with cousins from Arkansas. Elisabeth and Hailey bonded quickly over their love of Frozen and recent trips to Disney World. It was such a fun afternoon playing and visiting!
Matt had to go out of town at the beginning of the month, and Nathan asked to send him Lego pictures every morning.
Nathan celebrated his 100th day of school dressed up as a 100 year old man. I still remember 100 day of school celebrations from when I was in school, and it's been fun experiencing all the fun again through his eyes. He was so excited about all the special things he got to do at school to celebrate.



These best friends were thrilled to play together at Sarah's birthday party! We never get to see them enough

These Cuties had pajama day at school this month. They were thrilled. Elisabeth asks to have a jammy day at least once a week, so she couldn't have been happier to get to wear her jammies to school.


This girl has turned into my faithful dinner helper. Every night when I start dinner, she's right by my side asking if she can help. Her "help" might be extra work right now, but I sure love her company in the kitchen.
This boy worked hard on his Valentines for his friends at school.
He has learned so much in Kindergarten. I'll never get tired of listening to him read. He's growing up SO fast, and he's just the coolest five year old I know.

I took my boy on a date to see our high school production of Beauty and the Beast. He has been in love with Beauty and the Beast ever since all the fun at Disney World, and he has always loved dressing up and putting on plays and shows, so this was the perfect outing for us.  The play was long but very, very good. Nathan was a huge fan.

He had completed a reading challenge at school and although he didn't win the grand prize of actually getting to be in the play, he did hear the announcement that all students who had completed the challenge could meet the Beast and Belle after the play, and he was jumping up and down with excitement.

The kids in the play were so talented and so sweet with my Nathan. We were sitting next to some high school students and they just engaged him in conversation and were so nice to him. I feel like I hear all the time how entitled and lazy this generation's teenagers are, but these kids blew me away with their talent, dedication, and kindness to my boy. It was an awesome night.

He waited and asked to take a picture with Gaston because Gaston is Samuel's favorite character in the movie.
We've had some gorgeous Springlike weather this month, so of course that meant a morning and a picnic lunch at the zoo.

These kids were thrilled to all get to play in the playroom at church together on a Sunday night. And thanks to their awesome teacher for taking these pictures for me.

Sweet, sleepy boy. He rarely naps, but sometimes the car line to pick up brother is too much for him.
 We used part of our tax refund on new living room furniture. I've been wanting new furniture for years and finally convinced Matt that it was time. New furniture downstairs also meant moving our couch upstairs. That was fun for the guys. Ha!
 The kids are pretty excited to have a couch upstairs now. I won't let them jump on our new couches, so they call the upstairs couch the trampoline couch.
 We sold our recliners and the kids were SO sad. Samuel kept saying, "But I liked those chairs." They got over it quickly when our new couches arrived the next day. We ordered a new recliner too, but it will be a few weeks before it will be ready
 We had a fun day celebrating my birthday last weekend. We took the boys to see Moana in the afternoon


 and then went over to my parents' house for dinner. My mom ended up surprising me with a little surprise party. I really had no idea. It was a fun night visiting with some of my closest friends.

 And birthdays at 32 involved a giant kid table. I sure love these kids and their awesome parents.
 It's a good thing we celebrated my birthday a day early, because I spent a good chunk of my birthday at Urgent Care with a sick boy.
 Bless his heart, he was fine Sunday morning and then got hit fast with an awful virus. I was sure it was the flu, but he tested negative and perked up significantly after a good nap on Sunday afternoon.
He was down for a few days though, but thankfully he's healthy again and managed to not share his germs with any of the rest of us.

We had fun at Ainsley's birthday party on Saturday. She and Elisabeth are the cutest friends. They are SO much alike! Nathan heard Ainsley was having a Star Wars party and begged to go along (he's friends with Ainsley's big sister too), so we had fun celebrating Ainsley with our whole family.


 It was a great afternoon and a super fun party!

No comments: