Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving Week

 We had a very low key Thanksgiving this year, but it's just what we needed! I feel like our lives have been crazy since we got back from vacation, and the week before Thanksgiving was especially unexpected and chaotic, so a simple Thanksgiving break is what we all needed, and we enjoyed it so much.

My grandparents came into town Tuesday afternoon, and since they were able to stay with Samuel and Elisabeth, I headed to Nathan's school to help his teacher with his class Thanksgiving feast. He was so excited to eat pumpkin pie, and I enjoyed the opportunity to help his teacher and spend some time with him and the kids in his class. It was a fun afternoon.
 Whenever we visit my grandparents, Nathan loves playing this game called Fast Track. Granny surprised him and brought it, so at night we put Samuel and Elisabeth to bed, and then the five of us played it. He's big enough to play without any help really (a little advice here or there, but that's it), and he gets so excited about wining or "getting" somebody. We played two games each night they were here. Fun memories!
Nathan was excited about a break from school for Thanksgiving. He said he wanted to stay in his jammies all day on Wednesday and play Legos, and that's pretty much what he did!

 My Little Turkeys were ready to celebrate Thanksgiving! We had a lazy morning in our jammies watching the parade and then got dressed and headed to my parents' house for lunch.

 While we waited for lunch, Nathan and Matt looked over the Christmas catalogs.
 Elisabeth was so cute with her Grandaddy. She'd just randomly hop up in his lap for a quick snuggle and then hop down again. She did it several times while he was here. They love each other.

 Lunch was yummy!
 Thursday afternoon these two bonded over their love of puzzles. They spent close to an hour  putting puzzles together.
 After Thanksgiving, we were excited to still have three more days at home with Daddy and Nathan. Friday morning, we asked the kids what they wanted to do for the day, and they all said they wanted to put up the Christmas tree, so we spent the morning decorating.





 Nathan was super excited to hang our new ornament from Disney World.


 We had a lazy day at home. Finally about 4:30 that afternoon we got dressed and left the house. ha! We took the kids to McDonalds for dinner and let them burn off some energy on the play place. They had a blast playing, and Matt and I got a chance to visit in peace for a few minutes while they played. I needed that time with him!

 Saturday we had another lazy morning, but managed to get dressed by about 10:30 and headed to Wal Mart. Nathan needed to pick out a birthday present for a friend, and I needed a couple of things. And we ended up coming home with a new TV. ha! We had been casually (very casually) talking about wishing we had a bigger TV in the Living Room for a couple of months, but nothing serious at all. Matt saw a great price from Black Friday while we were at Wal Mart though, and decided not to pass it up. We usually are not impulse buyers, so I'm still a little shocked he did that! But it's been fun to have a bigger TV, and now we have a TV upstairs in the play room. Nathan has been thrilled about that. They play "movie theater" upstairs now.

And a bigger TV was perfect for binge watching the new Gilmore Girls all weekend. Matt and I spent nap times and our evenings after the kids were in bed catching up on the all the new things in Lorelai and Rory's lives. We finished Sunday night, and I LOVED it. For some reason, I didn't have super high expectations, and it way exceeded them. I hope they do another season.
Saturday afternoon we met the Millers at the park to play. We all had a great time playing and visiting.

 Sunday was another typical day. Church, lunch, naps, playtime and my Cutie ready for church Sunday morning in her "Missy coat"
Nathan wanted to have a game night Sunday night, so we played Monopoly Jr. and his Thomas the Train game. Elisabeth is about the worst game player around, but it was still fun!

I'm so thankful for my family and spending some uninterrupted quality time with them for four straight days was the perfect ending to our crazy November!

No comments: