Monday, November 7, 2016

Florida Family Vacation, Day 2

We woke up Thursday morning, ate breakfast, packed up and headed to the beach! We were all so excited about a beach day.


The weather was perfect. We spent all morning playing in the sand, building sand castles, swimming, soaking up the sunshine and enjoying the beauty of the ocean.

Nathan loved everything about the beach: the sand, the waves, the water, he couldn't get enough of it!
Elisabeth loved the sand, but wasn't a fan of the waves or the water. I think it scared her a little, so she spent the morning happily playing in the sand. Nathan brought her water anytime she needed some for her sand play.



Samuel loved it all too. One time during the morning, he grabbed my hand and we ran in and out of the water. A wave would come and he'd turn around and run away, then say, "Let's do it again!" It was a sweet memory with his little hand in mine running back and forth along the beach.

Matt took the boys out in the water to swim for awhile. They had a blast. I mostly stayed on the shore entertaining Elisabeth.


We played for three solid hours before everyone was tired and ready for a break. We went back to the hotel and quickly changed and ran to lunch. Then we headed back for naps. After naps we took the kids to a park by the beach. It was so pretty watching them play beside the beach.

Later that evening, we took baths and got dressed up for beach pictures. I always like to take advantage of the beach and try and get some good pictures of the kids. And Matt never disappoints. He's an awesome photographer and husband too :)


We got so many great shots. I'm in love with so many of them! It's always a little stressful because the lighting has to be just perfect and there's a limited window when the sun is at the right place for pictures. So we're racing and sweating and trying to get the kids to cooperate.












We promised them ice cream if they cooperated and smiled for us, so after pictures we ate dinner and had dessert too.


Samuel was being silly at dinner

Then we headed back to the hotel for bedtime. One thing I loved about our vacation was just the time we all got to spend together as a family. It was special to just always be with the people I love the most. The kids bonded too during our trip. I love this sweet moment between brother and sister.

No comments: