Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Vacation Bible School 2016

We spent last week in Weatherford with my grandparents, so the kids could attend VBS at FBC Weatherford. This was our fourth year to go, and I just love the tradition. We always have a great week. We made it to town on Sunday afternoon and spent the evening playing outside.
Nathan packed his football uniform specifically because he said he wanted to play football with Grandaddy while we were in Weatherford. I treasure these memories he is making with his great grandparents.

On Monday morning the kids were ready for a great first day! Elisabeth got to attend this year too.
After Bible school on Monday, we headed to Momoo's for lunch, cake and cousin time.

I always look forward to getting these kids together to play. We missed seeing one of my cousins and her kids, but there was still a great group.
We all headed to the park to play after lunch. The boys played on the same equipment we did as kids.

The boys and I left Elisabeth with Granny later that day and snuck away for a snow cone date! So much easier (and less messy) without Little Sis tagging along.

Nathan couldn't survive a whole week without his Legos :)

The kids were ready for Day 2! When we got in the car, Elisabeth yelled, "Next stop, Bible School!"
My dramatic girl who always cries for me anytime I drop her off anywhere was begging for it to be her turn to go to her class and ran right in with the biggest smile. She had a great time. Her favorite thing was playing on the playground.

We spent time with Matt's parents Tuesday afternoon and evening.

After we got the younger two settled in bed, Nathan, Granny, Grandaddy and me played a game of Fast Track every evening. Nathan has improved so much and knows all the rules and can really play with very little help from us.

Day 3! Elisabeth always asked, "Can I take a picture and send it to Daddy?"
Then she wanted a picture with the duckies too.
Wednesday afternoon we met Mindy and her kids at the splash pad for a fun afternoon.
I enjoyed catching up with Mindy even amidst kids who refused to play in the water. Elisabeth said it was too scary. Samuel played some, but he was just plain exhausted from such a busy week, so he rested a lot too.
Nathan ran around playing the entire two hours we were there. He had an awesome time. I met Mindy back when these boys were in our bellies! I'm thankful for her sweet long distance friendship and the friendships among our kids.
Before we knew it, it was time for Day 4!
Nathan and Samuel loved Bible school as much as Elisabeth. Samuel had a hard time going some days especially when he was tired, but he was always all smiles when I picked him up and was so proud of the stack of crafts he brought home everyday.

And Nathan had a blast. He told me about the Bible stories he learned, the games he played in the gym, the songs he sang, was just as proud of his crafts as his brother, and he especially loved snack time. On Monday, he said, "Did you know the only people who know what snack we're going to have each day are me and Granny? He was proud to be in the inner circle :)

Thursday evening we met Momoo and my cousin and her son at the park to see them one more time.

We had a great evening playing. It brought back so many memories for me to watch my kids playing on the same toys I did as a kid. It's a fun place to play!
We ended our time together at Braums for a treat.
And all too quickly, Day 5 arrived.
We took pictures with the people who made our week so fun.
My grandparents are some of the most faithful servants I know, and I know my kids are learning to serve cheerfully through watching their example too. My grandma has been coordinating the snacks for VBS for as long as I can remember. I give her a hard time that when I was a kid we got a cookie and kool-aid everyday. Now she serves ice cream and corn dogs and all sorts of fun treats.


We loved our time with family and at VBS. I was impressed with how organized and fun it was for each of my Littles. We all made special memories, and the time with family was priceless. The boys slept in the basement together every night. They got spoiled with special bedtime snacks and extra TV time. I got a chance to relax in the mornings when I had a break from all the kids (and from all the chores staring at me when I'm at home). Overall, it was a wonderful week that flew by way faster than I thought it would. Everyone was a little sad that the week was over. Elisabeth even said she wanted to "stay at Grandaddy's house!" It was the perfect way to kick off our summer!

No comments: