Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Weekend Recap

January has been a pretty slow month for us, but we did have a fun weekend last weekend! Friday morning, Erica, Sarah and Elise came over for the morning so we could bake cupcakes for Sarah's big birthday party! We had a fun morning playing, baking, and visiting. Elise was the favorite toy of all my kids. Elisabeth loved her as long as I wasn't holding her :).
The weather was beautiful Friday afternoon, so after naps we walked to our neighborhood playground. We missed Daddy and are so ready for warm evenings and more daylight coming our way in the next few months.



We played for a long time. The kids call the playground the Pirate Ship Park, and they wanted to play "Jake and the Neverland Pirates." I was Captain Hook and we all had to run away from the sharks! We came home and played in the backyard some more, soaking up as much sunshine as we could.
Friday night Matt went to a men's night with our Sunday school class. I thought it would be fun to take the kids to Target that evening while he was gone. Bad. Idea. I didn't realize how much crankier the kids are in the evenings. They are normally well behaved and happy during our daytime Target runs. Nathan threw a fit over some Valentine boxes, and I had to open a sack of goldfish to settle Elisabeth down from her screaming (I have no idea why she was upset). Whew. We survived though.

Friday night I told Nathan he could stay up late watching one of the Star Wars movies. He was off the wall excited, and told me that it was more fun than Christmas! He kept coming to tell me everything that happened in the movie. A couple of his funnier observations were:

"Mommy, what's that girl's name that had the babies (me: Padme). Yeah, I think when Padme had the babies that Luke's light saber and Princess Leia's gun popped out too when the babies came out."

"Mommy, when Darth Vader got burned they took him to the hospital where... What's that girl's name who had the babies (me: Padme), where Padme had the babies, and he was burned so they made him a costume and that's how he turned into a bad guy."

We've also had about 100 light saber battles in the last week, and he always says, "The force is with me."

 It's fun that he's old enough to stay up late and do fun things. He ended up falling asleep on the couch and woke up screaming at 4:00am. I was sure he'd fallen off the couch by the terror I heard in his cries, but he was just distraught that the movie went off before he finished it. He demanded that I turn it back on for him, but conceded to just sleeping in our bed for the rest of the night.
Saturday morning we got ready to go to Sarah's second birthday party. Elisabeth had to help Samuel comb his hair.
Sweet Elisabeth is totally in love with her Papa Joe.

The party was great. We love celebrating birthdays with our friends. Nathan jumped for joy when he saw Emma at the party.

After the party, we ran home and fed the kids lunch. My parents picked them up for the afternoon/evening, and Matt and I got a date day! Matt was sweet and planned everything, and we had such a wonderful day spending time together. We played putt putt, went for a long walk, and ate dinner out. We celebrate 10 years in May, and talked a lot about the last 10 years and the next 10 too!
Sunday was a pretty normal day. My parents dropped the kids off that morning and we all headed to church.

Elisabeth loves wearing her bracelet to church!
Matt and I played with the two year olds during church, and they were all so good, and the hour went by fast! We came home for lunch and naps. The boys went to church with my parents, and Matt, Elisabeth, and I went to Whataburger and Lowes.

We've had to spend half of the weekends in January without Matt, and he was sick for one of the weekends he was home, so a weekend where we were all together felt even more special.

No comments: