I've had this list of funny/cute things Nathan says running for about a year. I'm thinking it's time to publish it. He said some of these last Spring, and a few of them are current. Love this kid and the joy he brings to our family
__________________________________________________________
We bought some cookies from Wal-Mart and Nathan was very concerned that Daddy would eat them all, so he needed to hide them from Daddy. He made a big deal about hiding them behind a toy in the pantry. Every time after I gave him some, he took the bag and hid it again.
He has been on a "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" kick for awhile. He wants to dress up as Jake a lot. The first time he told me that Jake doesn't wear a pirate hat, he wears a line on his head. He was pleased when I found a head band for him to wear.
My mom was talking to Nathan about dinosaurs and explaining to him that all the dinosaurs died, and there aren't any real dinosaurs anymore. He responded by saying. "I know they died, but they will come back in the Spring."
"My food is too hot to eat. It makes my ears hurt."
He wanted this Paw Patrol Look Out Tower, but the reviews on Amazon were terrible. They all said the slide broke almost immediately. We held out for a long time and explained tried to explain to Nathan about the poor reviews. He kept talking about it, and months later, my mom gave in and got it for him. He started playing with it and said, "I guess Amazon was wrong, because they said the slide breaks, and it works perfectly, so I guess they were wrong."
"I can't sleep because I'm so excited about Granny and Grandaddy coming tomorrow. Sometimes I walk by Grandaddy and he lets me pass by, and other times I walk past and he reaches out and gets me!"
Playing with one of his cars. "This car goes super fast because it has a spoiler."
Nathan: I can't find my paint I got for Christmas
Me: Check in your closet
Nathan: The only paint that is in my closet is the pumpkin paint (paint we used to paint pumpkins), and it smells like pumpkins and that isn't a very good smell
Matt: That was a big burp Samuel
Nathan: (patting Samuel on the head). Samuel burped. That's just what baby brothers do
"I heard we didn't go to the beach last year because we had a new baby and she wasn't tall enough to go to the beach."
"I think we should go to the park that has a big slide because it doesn't have grass (so it wouldn't be muddy). It just has crumbs that you walk on." Translation: Crumbs=wood chips
When we were at Silver Dollar City, he rode the Fire in the Hole roller coaster. Now every time we are driving and hit a bump he says, "Whoa, that feels like Fire in the Hole."
Samuel was talking in the car, and Nathan couldn't understand him (I couldn't either). He said, "Maybe Samuel is talking in Spanish and that's why we don't know what he's saying."
At bedtime:
Nathan " Mommy I don't want to just lie in bed and wait to go to sleep. I want to do something fun."
Me: "Okay, you can read books, choose a toy to play with in bed (listing off several options).
Nathan: "No, none of those are fun. If only I had a Star Wars Lego set, then I'd have something fun to do."
Playing Junior Monopoly:
Nathan: "Oh, I landed on the movie theater. Speaking of movie theaters, I really can't wait to go see that new Star Wars movie at the movie theater.
Sunday, February 7, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment