Elisabeth, You are 14 months old!
Your vocabulary is increasing everyday. The toddler stage really is so much fun because you are learning and doing new things all the time. It's fascinating how fast you learn!
Your favorite words are dada, uh-oh, shoe, and bow. You point to your head every morning when I'm changing your diaper and say, "bow." And shoes are still your favorite thing. You carry around shoes all the time. But anytime we go anywhere in the car, you always take your shoes off and pull your bow out. Your accessories are your favorite toys. You also say, "up," dog, "da," "nose" and ball "ba" and this month you put your first words together and you'll say, "bye bye dada."
You are turning into a daddy's girl, and he really loves it! The boys have always been momma's boy, so I guess I can share you with him. You get SO excited when he comes home from work, and run to him, waving your hands in the air and yelling, "dadda."
We were talking about our fun girls' day while the boys were gone, and all you kept saying was "dadda!"
You like to look at pictures on my phone or ones that are hanging in our house and point to your daddy and say, "Dadda." Sometimes, you do say "Momma." When we picked you up from the nursery on Sunday, you were crying, alternatively saying, "dadda, momma, dadda, momma." Heartbreaking and hilarious all at the time time!
Right after you turned 13 months old, you got two more molars and your last top tooth. Now we're just waiting on those awful canines. Maybe we'll get a little break first.
We've been struggling with your nap schedule since your brother started school. It's been really hard to get in two naps between school drop off and pick up. I tried putting you down for a short morning nap and then waking you up and putting you back down after lunch, but it wasn't working. So for now, you usually just get one nap on school days. You're pretty grouchy from about 11:00-12:00, but we are dealing with it. I'll put you down before 12:00-12:30 and then get you up around 2:00 to go get your brother. You usually wake up on your own right before we need to leave. You still go to bed around 7:30 at night and sleep until about 7:00am. You're cute because we have a little accent pillow that came with your bedding, and you always lay your head on it when you're going to sleep.
You are a snacker, and love to bring me bags of snack food from the pantry. You'll grab a bag of goldfish and then pull a bowl out of a drawer and run to me grunting and asking me to open it for you. Your favorite snacks are goldfish, raisins, and yogurt melts. You also really like peanuts, but most of the time you chew them up and spit them out, so I don't give you them very often. You still love cheese and meat and mac and cheese.
You LOVE bottles, and I have no desire to wean you from them anytime soon. Anytime you see them in the cabinet you point and say "baba" incessantly, and you get SO excited any time I give you one. You consistently get one when you wake up in the mornings and at bedtime, and usually one or two more during the day.
You love playing outside, swinging and climbing, and your favorite toys are trains and the train table (pulling the track apart and making a big mess), the kitchen (you like to push buttons on the microwave) and any kitchen toys that have buttons on them, and your baby stroller, shopping cart, and toy purse.
You're wearing 12-18 months clothes and a size 4 diaper and size 5 shoes.
Your hair is growing and has some definite curl at the bottom. I never thought you'd have curly hair, but I can't get enough of it! It's adorable. And I love that your hair is long enough for some cute, tiny pig tails
You love to sing songs. You're a wiggle worm when I change your diaper, so I sing to you to try and distract you. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
We sure love you sweet girl! You bring such sweetness and sass to our family.
Friday, October 9, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment