Nathan had his last day of school this week! I can't believe how much he grew since his first day.
![]() |
| Last day of school May 2015 |
| First day of school Sept. 2014 |
The same night we also celebrated his year at AWANA. He worked hard and finished his first Cubbie book. I'm really thankful for a program like AWANA that is teaching him God's Word even as a three year old.
He really enjoyed his year at Cubbies. He told me all about the stories and puppet shows and the games they played.
And he was so proud of his award.
This past Saturday, Nathan played in his last soccer game of the season. It was while Matt and I were on vacation, and I was a little bummed to miss it. My mom took lots of pictures and videos.
He had a great first soccer season and can't wait to play again next year. He had a hard time keeping up with the kids and the ball most of the time but during his last game, he stole the ball twice and took it down the field. He improved a lot as the season went on and always played with a smile on his face!
And he loved his coach. She was really sweet with him.
And of course, he was excited about his first soccer medal. I'm pretty sure he thought it was the best thing in the world that day!
Samuel had a big week too. He said goodbye to his pacifier. I had planned to take it away sometime early this summer, and my mom offered to do it for me, while we were out of town, and I took her up on it! We had dealt with it with Nathan, and I didn't expect to have huge problems, but did plan on a little less sleep for a few nights, so I let her and Barry deal with the sleep loss instead!
We had been talking it up about what a big boy Samuel is and that he can trade his pacifiers in for a new toy. Sometimes he was excited about it, and sometimes he said he just wanted to keep his pacis.
So Friday morning, Samuel put all his pacifiers in the mail box and waited for the mail man to come. Later he went out and found a stuffed Llama Llama in place of his pacifiers. He told me all about it on the phone :).
He also got a few other toys at Grammy's house. My mom said he did really good. They extended bedtime the first night and just let him play and watch shows until he wore himself out.
We got home on Tuesday, and I haven't heard him ask for a paci since. He goes to sleep at night and naptime fine. He has been waking up in the middle of the night more often. I think it might be because he doesn't have the immediate soothing of the pacifier, but he goes back to sleep after a few minutes just fine.
I can't believe how quickly my boys are growing up. These milestones are special but bittersweet at the same time.







No comments:
Post a Comment