Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Turning Thirty

This birthday was a big one for me, so we got to do more celebrating than usual, which was really fun!

 My birthday was last Thursday, and my mom took the day off work, so she could spend it with me and the kids. I was so looking forward to spending the whole day with her, and I kept thinking how I hope when Elisabeth turns thirty, she'll want to spend the whole day with me :). We just hung out at my mom's house for most of the day. We did a little shopping, but mostly just stayed home and relaxed. My mom helped with the kids, so I could catch up on some TV that I can only watch at her house. It was a fun day. That night when Matt and Barry got off work, we had dinner. I requested chicken enchiladas and Los Cabos queso. Yum!

My mom also spoiled me with a delicious cake. It was such a great day.
We came home that night, and I watched this moment and realized that my thirties will be fantastic with these loves in my life.
Friday night, Matt planned a date night to celebrate my birthday. We ate dinner at Bonefish, and then went to the new Warren theater that recently opened. I had been hinting (a lot) about wanting to go. It was a fun experience. The heated and reclining seats were awesome!
We saw American Sniper. It's not really my kind of movie, but I had heard good things about it. It was a great movie. I'm glad we saw it.

Matt had gotten an incentive at work for some extra work he had done recently, so he received a free night's stay at the Mayo hotel in Tulsa, and he save it to use for my birthday. It was such a treat to spend the night in a fancy hotel. It was the nicest hotel either of us had stayed in.
It was huge, more like an apartment, than a hotel room.
I got the best night's sleep I've had in a very long time. I woke up so rested and refreshed, and I felt so spoiled.
We had a lazy morning, and then Matt took me out to breakfast for the last part of our date.

Saturday night we invited some friends (and my parents) over for Hideaway pizza and cake to celebrate. The boys helped Matt make a birthday cake for me.
We ate and visited and played board games. It was a fun night to end the weekend of celebrating. I'm looking forward to all the fun this next decade will bring!

No comments: