We had a fun and busy weekend. Our Fall weekends always seem to fill up with fun activities! On Thursday night we took the kids to a Halloween carnival that my parents' neighborhood hosts. We go every year, and the kids love it.
Elisabeth dressed up as Minnie mouse for her first Halloween!
Nathan has changed his mind about 20 times on what he wanted to be for Halloween. I told him I don't care as long as we have the costume at home. For the carnival he decided to be a Fire fighter and he wanted Samuel to be a Dalmation. They were so cute! Who knows what he'll decide to dress up as on Halloween though
Samuel seemed a little unsure of the dog costume, until I convinced him to put it on. After that he loved it. I think he likes playing dress up as much as his brother.
Nathan spent a long time playing in the inflatables.
They had fun little carnival games set up too, so the boys could get candy.
Samuel loved the ring toss game, and he loved getting candy too. He points to his pumpkin bucket all the time and says "candy."
The kids and I spent most of the day at home on Friday. Nathan helped me bake a carrot cake for Barry's birthday. I used our food processor to shred the carrots. I also always use it to shred cheese. When I finished Nathan said, "I bet those carrots taste like cheese because they look like cheese." He was a little disappointed I think :).
My parents had some things to do Friday night, so we kept the kids with us. It felt a little weird for everyone. Matt and I are so thankful to get a kid free date night most every weekend. Because we usually have our date night on Friday nights, I've gotten out of the habit of cooking dinner on Fridays, so we took the kids to Whataburger. It was our first time taking all three to a restaurant, and it turned out to be a good experience!
After dinner, Nathan asked to go play on the train at the Dental Depot, so we stopped there and let them play for 20 minutes or so. They had a ball.
Elisabeth napped during her train ride.
She woke up near the end to enjoy some of the fun. I think she heard Nathan say he was driving the train to Disney World and wanted to be in on the action :).
Saturday morning we went to the zoo. It was Elisabeth's first visit. Everyone had a great morning. The weather was just gorgeous. Perfect zoo weather.
Nathan wanted to ride the train with Samuel while Matt and I stayed at the station. Sorry, buddy. We all rode it together.
I needed to feed Elisabeth while we were there, so the boys got to play on the playground for an extra long time. I'm glad we have a zoo membership and get in free, because we spent most of the morning at the playground and on the train, and didn't see too many animals. The boys LOVE that playground, more than the animals, I think :)
We stopped at the petting zoo. Samuel thought it was the best thing in the world to get to brush the sheep.
We also got to ride the carousel.
The kids were worn out after our busy morning, and all fell asleep in the car. Sweet Nathan is the best big brother around :).
After short naps, lunch, and baths, we headed over to my parents' house to watch the OSU game. My parents also had a party that evening for Barry's birthday so we stayed for that too. Nathan and my mom got Barry a new Thomas track for his birthday :).
My little party girl and I at the party!
It was fun to meet and visit with some of my parents' new and old friends.
Sunday was a normal day: church, lunch, naps, playtime. Matt had to work in the church nursery for the evening service, and he was sweet to take ALL the kids and give me a couple of hours at home by myself. That's definitely rare these days!
We are gearing up for another fun and busy week ahead!
Sunday, October 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment