You are two months old! I think we've all reached the point that we are (mostly) adjusted to being a family of five and your daddy and I having three kids. You've certainly added a new level of craziness and busyness to our family but also such sweetness and love. We are all head over heels about you.
You eat eight times a day. You usually eat every 2-3 hours during the day and have a 7-8 hour stretch between feedings at night, which is awesome by the way!! You are a rock star sleeper. You'll wake up and eat and fall right back asleep. Thanks for making it so easy on me. Now if only we could get your brother Samuel to figure out how to sleep as good as you do we'd all be rested around here. You usually have your last feeding of the night around 9:30-10:00pm and will sleep until 4:30-5:30am. You'll nurse, and got back to sleep until 7:00-7:30am.
We're still supplementing with 3-5 oz of formula a day. You usually need an extra ounce during one or two of your afternoon feedings and again during one or two of your evening feedings. Otherwise you are doing wonderfully at nursing. I'm so glad we stuck it out during those rough days when you were a newborn!
At your two month check up you weighed 10lbs, 5oz (50%) and were 21.5 inches long (10-25%). Your head circumference is in the 50%.
You are wearing 0-3month and 3 month clothes and a size 1 diaper. It was a sad day to pack away your newborn clothes and use up the last of your newborn diapers. You are growing fast.
You have the sweetest smile and I love seeing it more and more as you get older. You're just beautiful, Elisabeth.
You seem to have an easy laid back temperament like your brothers. You might be a tad more dramatic than they were as babies, but you are really wonderful. You do love attention and to be held and played with. If you are full and rested, you'll happily lie on the floor for a few minutes and look around and kick and stretch, but you'd prefer to be held.
Grammy and Papa Joe kept you for the first time last week, so your Daddy and I could go to a Sunday School supper. It was the first time I've been away from you for any length of time since you were born. They said you were so good for them. I know you love them already. I still keep you with me during church and Bible Study, but we will probably put you in the nursery during church soon.
You nap after most feedings. You eat often in the evenings, usually three feedings between 5:30 and 9:30, so you might skip a nap after one of those feedings. You fall asleep easily for me. You do seem to like your pacifier, and it helps you fall asleep. You'll take one or two long naps a day (1-2hours), and a few cat naps here and there.
Your brothers continue to be super sweet with you. Samuel calls you Sissy or Baby and always brings you your pacifier if he finds it. He wanted to hold you the other day too. And one day you were fussy in the car, and when we got home he had fallen asleep but was still holding your hand. I know he was trying to soothe you when you were fussy. And your biggest brother Nathan is still smitten over you. He sings to you, brings you all the toys you could ever want, and always asks me to lay you down so he can play with you.
You LOVE your swing so much. When we are upstairs, I always put you in it. You're happy in it when you're awake, and fall asleep easily in it (and nap for a long time). I tell your daddy that I wish we had another one for downstairs because you love it so much.
Welcoming you as a third child has really forced us all to slow down and we spend much more time at home than we did before you were born, and I'm really thankful for that. We go to Bible Study on Tuesdays and take Nathan to school and usually grocery shop on Wednesdays, but aside from an errand or two we are at home during the day the rest of the week. A slower pace right now means you and your brothers can have more attention and time with your Daddy and me, and I think that's what we all need right now.
Usually in the evenings after dinner, we'll take a walk to the playground and let your brothers play. We push them in the stroller and wear you in your carrier which you love. You seem so comfy and snug in it, and usually fall right asleep.
You have the cutest stretches when you're waking up.
You don't seem to mind tummy time. We don't do it all that often because I usually forget, but you'll tolerate it for a few minutes, until you get tired. You have strong neck muscles and are great at holding your head up, but I know it tires you out.
I'm just overwhelmed with thankfulness anytime I look at you. You are the perfect addition to our family.






No comments:
Post a Comment